165w ago - Today we received word from Kevin that the PS Samurai PS JailBreak clone USB modchip has arrived, and similar to a few others it includes a custom upgrader PC and MAC application.
From the e-mail, to quote: PS SAMURAI has now been released.
• Unlike others, PS SAMURAI uses its own, custom programming software for PC and MAC.
• Unlike others, PS SAMURAI has a recovery function, very useful after a bad flash.
• Unlike others, PS SAMURAI uses 32KB on-board flash (majority uses 16KB)
• Unlike others, PS SAMURAI is delivered with no code inside which means it is 100% legal.
• Unlike others, PS SAMURAI device is rubbercoated and designed to enchance protection and grip.
• Unlike others, PS SAMURAI can be afforded by ordinary people
From the official site (linked above):
• USB Plug and Play solution that installs in seconds without any need to open up the PS3.
• Does not break your warranty seal.
• Compatible with all PS3 models*, both Fat and Slim.
• Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA.
• Fully updatable via USB on your PC using an encrypted bootloader
• 32KB onboard flash (most competing products only have 16KB flash)
• Disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.
• Supports most games and homebrew applications.
• Easy-to-use software for backing up, managing, and playing games from external USB Hard Drive.
• Playing games from HDD is much more enjoyable, benefiting from greatly enhanced seek and loading times.
• Supports installing homebrew application on PS3 and external USB media.
• Optionally PS Sanurai can be supplied with an "open" firmware which does not support backup loading. Users would then have to download a firmware update for PS Samurai to get full functionality.
* Currently not compatible with 3.42 firmware
Is PS Samurai easy to install?
- Yes, it is a plug and play solution and does not require modifying or opening your console.
Does it permanently modify my console?
- No, once you unplug it from the usb port it is completely disabled.
How do we install PS Samurai?
- Please look at our support page for information on how to install and upgrade PS Samurai.
PS Samurai updateable?
- Yes, it can be upgraded via PC (or mac) by using the PS Samurai stand-alone software provided by our distributors and resellers.
What is the PS Samurai Software? What functions does it have?
- Our own developed PS Samurai Software is a stand-alone program that can be used on PC or Mac. With this software you can easily upgrade your product. You can install open-source code like PSGroove. And also it have a recovery function that enables you to erase the on-board flash.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Oh really, you mean the same guys who first promised the 1.1 would be released on 15th of september? Don't believe everything a seller says..
I certainly wouldn't buy a PSJailbreak before they release the new manager, because IMHO it's all just a poise to get people to quickly buy the thing, and then being ripped off because the new manager doesn't support the 3.42 or higher firmwares..
But we'll see on the 20th of october, my money's on it passing that date without a release of their manager.. but ofcourse I hope I'm wrong, because that would mean we would quickly see a free version...
Anyone buying a clone is pretty much making a mistake. Cause most of the clones that come out won't let you use the open source versions. What good is it's own custom upgrader software when these companies can't code their own stuff until someone else makes a breakthrough? Then you gotta wait around for them to release an upgrade.
So until these clones start embracing open source, and use software that is already out there to program them, they need to get lost.
If this holds true then these guys need to be a lot faster at updating there device so when sony releases an update they need to have there's ready to go within a week or less so people don't loose psn functionality for that long and also they would need to figure out a way for people to avoid getting slammed with the ban hammer. But those are tremendous feats which I doubt they will accomplish!