- Over the weekend the PS3 modchip known as PS JailBreak was examined
, and today Mathieulh
has made several Tweets (linked above) confirming that his PS3 hacker team have successfully cloned the PS JailBreak USB device.
Essentially this means the PS3 hack used to run PlayStation 3 game backups on a retail PS3 console was itself hacked, and according to Mathieulh
details on the exploit used will be publically documented and available as soon as next week.
Those interested in acquiring the necessary hardware, specifically a Teensy ++ board or an AT90USBKEY, may want to check HERE
for some handy links.
Below are some quotes from his recent Tweets, as follows:
"Someone from our group just successfully cloned the psjailbreak dongle. Going to improve the shell code soon.
We are not releasing anything, we didn't just rip things off, we know how it works, the clone is just a POC, we plan on documenting.
The exploit will be documented on the ps3wiki as soon as possible (we need to write up the whole article, will take a bit)
Buy an AT90USBKEY or Teensy board now and we'll have good news soon.
Right now as far as I know the (original clone) code has been ported to the Teensy ++ There is no ETA as to any other devices so far."
Teensy Key Features:
• USB can be any type of device
• AVR processor, 16 MHz
• Single pushbutton programming
• Easy to use Teensy Loader application
• Free software development tools
• Works with Mac OS X, Linux & Windows
• Tiny size, perfect for many projects
• Available with pins for solderless breadboard
• Very low cost & low cost shipping options