202w ago - I'm here now to announce that we (the resident PS3 Devs), are currently looking for a talented coder!
What we are expecting from you:
• Very good / strong C / C++ knowledge (preferably commandline tools!)
• Ability to work yourself into (and setup) SDKs, Toolchains, etc.
• Ability to code tools, that help us to reconstruct our reverse engineered progress / information we gained (like the ECC recalculator by NDT / RPS)
• English skills
• Some time
A BIG plus! (but not required):
• worked on consoles before (preferably playstation series!)
• expierence / worked with shaders!
A plus (but not required):
• ASM skills
• Debugging skills
• Cell B.E. skills
• Worked with IBMs Cell SDK
• (Not development wise) Other languages (tell us which one you can speak!)
What you can gain from this (if requirements match):
• 0$ / month !!!
• directly joining the crew as a PS3 Dev!
• get latest information from deeper inside (non-public infos)
• work with some cool dudes :P
• if you look at the requirements, you should see where this is going and what goodies you can expect
If you think you perfectly fit into these requirements, then show us some of your previous work so we can take a closer look into this.
If you have any questions, please reply or contact me via iRC. I'm on EFnet, nick: iCEQB (and sometimes iCEQB_alt, if internet connection gets messed up )
/msg iCEQB message
I hope that we get a cool new crew member asap!
Thanks in advance!
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
I can do some C (not so much C++), I used to do x86 assembler years ago but in last few years switched to Java almost completely. I did some cracking, keygens in x86 in one of the scene groups in the past but focused on trickier Java stuff. I am still proficient with IDA and x86 binaries and can crack an opcode here and there...
Switched to Linux 2 years ago so setting up toolchains is not an issue.
Languages: English, Russian, Czech and few words in Mandarin Chinese
I guess there would be better candidates but if not I can give it a try....
I am +Rep'ing all who reply here... even if your listed skillset doesn't help with what the PS3 Devs are currently working on/seeking help with, this thread can be referred to in the future should the need arise to contact individuals who possess certain skills as things progress.
PS: For the current PS3 Devs who aren't on IRC, it would be great if you can list programming languages or areas of expertise here too!
I'm not exactly strong with C++ but some C variants are what I'm into.
I've been doing some crappy vb apps lately and not much anything else.
I do know some asm, along with some delphi (if that matters).
I'm 100% english speaking and have "messed" with the cell sdk.
However IBM is not my strong-suit.