- Following up on their previous
guide, this weekend DiGiTaLAnGeL
has made available some Progskeet
QT Flasher PS3 updates in both NAND Test and Localized versions below.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links]
/ ProgSkeet PS3 NOR Downgrade v2 Patcher
To quote: Hi Guys! Today I would like to introduce you the new step in the Progskeet evolution: the “QT” Flasher... The actual public version is a bit “buggy” and difficult to use, and it works well only on Windows XP, as Windows 7 and other OS have compatibility problems with it (some are just crappy things that you can fix with some tricks, while other makes the Flasher crash).
During the last times, the Flasher developer which constantly works on it to improve the stability and the features, has gave a big push to the Flasher, making the choice of using a powerful and multi-platform framework such as QT!
QT is a framework which can allow the developer to write a program and make it work the same way on the 3 main platforms : Windows, Linux and Mac OS X without worrying about write tons of lines to make it work on the currently running platform: QT will do the dirty work for you.
Because of this, @uf6667
, helped by two other good coders named Ago and bmx, started to port the original Flasher to QT... and as always we (DiGiTaLAnGeL) and some others have the privilege to beta-test this new and awesome version of the Flasher.
Let’s start with some hightlights: at the moment, the version we have is the Windows one, which then will be called WinSkeet40000, followed by Linuxkeet (Linux) and iSkeet(MAC OS X). This is the GUI of the QT Flasher:
The interface is full of new things... and for now we can use these features:
- The “evil” progskeet.log is gone, and the event log is now embedded in the flasher itself, in realtime!
- You can manually read,write and now erase too.
- You can use presets and create new ones, matching your NOR/NAND flash -now there are some presets for the PS3 flashes and XBOX360 NAND-.
- You can change the write method, between buffered write (the default one) or use the “single word” or “double word” mode (you can use it when something goes wrong or your tasks fails).
- Now the flasher is splitted in tabs: “Common”, “NOR”, “NAND” and “Patcher” making it more easier and faster to use.
- The byteswap function is still here, working flawlessly on both writing and reading.
- You can use the “patcher” tab:useful to apply patch to your dump on the fly.
- There is an option to change to refresh-cycle of the flash (for slower/faster flashes).
- Progskeet Flasher is being translated! For now there are english,french and german languages -italian and all the others are coming-
- The “verify” task is now done at the end of the read->erase->write process.
The patcher is the very sexy thing of the QT version, apart from the rocksolid framework: It works selecting the .bin to patch and with a textfile, containing a syntax like this:
[Register or Login to view code]
Filename is relative to the patch.txt file, and the offset and length parameters are written in HEX format (without the leading “0x” ).
Finally, from IRC:
[Ago] [Register or Login to view links]
[Ago] everyone who wants to translate can download that file and edit
[Ago] just change language="it_IT" to whatever you need
[Ago] and remove the type="unfinished"
[Ago] or use the linguist
[eussNL] Done : Dutch translation - ProgSkeet_nl_NL.ts
[DiGiAnGeL] Done : Italian translation - ProgSkeet_it_IT.ts