To quote: "This is a port of Mednafen's PC Engine emulation to Android, and my first ever emulator port. I've only tested on a Droid/Milestone for now but hopefully it will run on other devices.
I'm planning to have regular updates with more features/optimizations and other emulator ports in the future. Hope you'll enjoy it!"
PCE Emu supports homebrew PS3 JailBroken consoles (runs HuCards only) and the PS3 port supports bin+cue format CDs.
PCE Emu Details: PCE.emu is PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 emulator written in C++ for Android, iOS and PS3.
It uses the emulation backend from Mednafen and is built on top of the Imagine engine. The source is released under the GPLv3 license.
• Accurate emulation and high compatibility rate.
• Zip file support
• CD emulation via loading cue files, you must have a system card rom named syscard.pce in the same directory as your cue files.
• Cue files may use external audio tracks in Ogg Vorbis & Wav (PCM, ADPCM, etc) formats (not working on PS3 currently)
• Optional on-screen multi-touch controls in addition to keyboard controls (needs Android 2.1 for multi-touch)
• Backup memory and save state support, one auto-save and one manual slot for save states
• No user activation or other nonsense
Performance Notes (as of version 1.3.0):
• Android : 55-60fps with hucards on a 550Mhz Droid running Android 2.2. CDs may need slight overclock (600-700Mhz) to run at similar speeds depending on the game's screen mode. On-screen controller can cause a small speed hit so disable it when not in use, will be optimized in the future.
• iOS: 60fps on iPhone 4 with hucards & CDs (~50% cpu utilization). 20-30fps on iPod Touch 2nd gen.
• PS3: 60fps with hucards & CDs.
Controls for PS3:
• D-pad : navigate menus (Up & Down), Left to go up a directory in file picker, Right to select highlighted entry
• Cross : confirm/select menu entry, Button I
• Circle : cancel menu entry/go back, Button II
• Select : Select
• Start: Run
• L2 : open/dismiss menu
• R2 : Fast-forward
Currently known issues/bugs:
• No international character support in gui
• Not really a bug, but when running on a case-sensitive file system make sure your CUE file specifies references in the same case as on the file system.
• PS3: only 1 controller is supported
• PS3: loading a CUE file with external audio tracks causes the system to lock up
• PS3: sound is not synced properly, causes slight distortion in the audio
Version 1.3.0 (2010.11.08):
• Updated to Mednafen 0.9.14-wip core with various emulation fixes
• 16-bit image rendering enabled to decrease GPU bandwidth and improve speed for devices where this is a bottleneck
• PS3: Updated to use firmware 3.41 libraries, fixes slowdowns in games that use larger than 256 pixel wide screen modes
• PS3: CD images now work, but only bin+cue for now. images with external audio tracks cause a system lockup
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!