169w ago - Earlier today we reported on the PS3AVR / TinyAVR, and now yet another PS JailBreak PS3 modchip USB clone dubbed P3Free has surfaced.
The official Web site (linked above) is still a WIP, however, a few photos and specifications are available below.
P3Free PS3 ModChip Specifications:
• Supports all PS3 models, FAT and Slim all regions
• After booting the P3Free you can remove the device from the ps3 and continue your homebrew
• Support all homebrew, like Back Up Manager and PS3 FTP Server
• Can backup Blue-Ray ISO to ps3 internal disk and external USB disk
• Supports network transfers, FTP transfer your data between PC and PS3
• Fully upgradeable, supports USB upgrade and FPC port upgrade
• Contains a build-in bootloader
• Has an hardware RESET button to reset the device when needed
Finally, the site states PSFree is in stock and additional photos and a user guide will be available soon.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Well it really does matter how many clones come out. What i am more interested in is which of these clones or the original one (psjailbreak) will carry out the promised upgrades aka support for the newer firmware. The one that does that upgrade get my money unless it the free version of course which then they get my eternal thanks.
What exactly you want to "review" on the Clone / generic board with same ATMEL chips in USB dongle? They are all the same in priciple / working - the only "difference" would be the price and manufacturing quality (or more lack of it) in some cases.
I expect those being sold by end of month bellow $20 treshold already.
What pisses me most of though is that all of the recently announced ones are simply parasiting on the scene work and making money out of free apps like FTP server from here etc.