To quote, roughly translated courtesy of maverick83: With the release of v2.1D, there is an introduction of a new tool, which is Open Copy Install.
The tool is an utility that allows checking games installed on internal/external drive, deleting, copying from one drive to another drive and patching installations on internal drive. It is very useful if you want to do it on the fly for your JailBroken PS3.
Open Manager v2.1D Changes:
• Added Menu Language English, now detects the region if it is Spanish, Spanish shows BG3.png, if you build a BGX where x is the region of the menu display language of their region, but in this 3 and 1 English, if not is the default file will English.
• Added automatic patching to add the improvements of the last payloads (OM Opening the patches automatically, do not press anything special)
Now both PSGroove v1, Hermes v1, v2 and PL3 Kakaroto add these features.
• Added able to play games that require v3.42 modified before the moor.
• Added more patches to prevent update errors. (To be confirmed if left unpatched memory PL)
X: Runs a game
START: Runs a game directly, without having to access XMB (select game and press START instead of X)
O: Copies from internal HDD, external HDD or BluRay
^: Deletes a game
L3: Checks files
R3: Corrects file access permissions
L1: Enables/Disables controller/saves patch i.e. F1 (hermes v1)
R1: Enables/Disables FTP
R2: Switches between GAME/HOMEBREW modes
SELECT: Enables/Disables Loading game data fron external drive
Proper use of game installation (install game data) on external drive:
Note: if the game is already installed on internal drive, delete it using Game Data Utility in XMB.
1. Run Open Manager v2.1x
2. Select the game to be installed on the external drive and press SELECT to mount the external drive
3. Press X and launch the game from the disk icon or app_home/ps3_game icon
4. Follow game's installation steps and quit the game using PS when installation completes
5. Run Open Copy Install, select the installed game and press  to mark on internal drive that the game as installed (if this step is omitted, installation will be requested again every time PS3 is reset)
6. All steps done
To launch the game, always run OP 2.1x, select the game and notice that configuration for using external drive was saved. Press X and launch the game as usual.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!