167w ago - Today NZHawk had released Awesome MountPoint Manager v1.0 (followed by a few revisions below) which, according to him, is pretty much like the existing backup manager, with one major difference- You can choose any folder on any device on you PS3 to use as the mounted disk.
What? This Awsome MountPoint Manager is pretty much like the existing backup manager, with one major difference! You can choose any folder on any device on you PS3 to use as the mounted disk.
Why? I wanted to mess around with the SDK that was 'avaliable' and it was a good learning curve! (Pretty much the first time ive coded in C++) and it was a challenge! (24 hours with no sleep)
How to Use?
1. Download and install my app
2. Browse to the location that you store your PS3 backups (does not have to be LAUN12345/GAMEZ anymore!)
3. Make sure you have highlighted the folder that CONTAINS the game to be mounted (Not inside the game folder!)
4. Press the right button on the D-Pad
5. Double check that you have selected the folder that CONTAINS the game!! Then press the right D-Pad button again.
6. The app will now exit to the XMB, and you *should* see the game where the Blu Ray Game usually is
Oh:Will this brick my PS3 like that fake psp emulator?
I'm not that mean :P, So no.
• Completely Re-designed
• Cool Text Transitions
• Remap any DIR to any DIR
• Makes use of Kakaroto's syscall35
• More which I cant remember..
Have a look at the video for the new XMB inspired gui, some may like it, others may not.
Note: You must have a payload capable of syscall35 (IE: KaKaRoTo's PL3 + the new groove)
• Using the syscall 35 syscall instead of 36 (you must use the last payloads)
• As well as add support for "any folder to redirect support" any folder .. Bare with me peeps. 1.1 only has support for dev_bdvd and dev_flash (Not included).
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
It would be pretty cool if someone could modify this so that it can load a game off of a network share. Then you could store the games on your computer if you wanted to. Then you could access all of the games you own over the network.
I'm pretty sure the max speed of USB 2.0 is 480 MBPS. Since the PS3 has a gigabit network card, you could then get 1000 MBPS on a netowrk share and double your game loading times.
For me, I own about 30 games that I bought but I hate having to change the dam disk all the time. Because it is such a pain, i pretty much just play one game that is on a BL disk and I play the DL games from PSN.
Having to change the disc each time we want to play a different game is kinda like watching TV without a remote. What happens when you don't have a remote for the TV? You do not change the channel nearly as much and you don't flip around during the commericials.
That is one thing that is good about computer games that you can install and Onlive.
At least when I'm on my computer i'm only about 2 ft from the disk drive to change the game. When using the PS3 i'm on the couch about 16 feet away.