- Following up on his previous
update, this weekend PlayStation 3 homebrew developer facanferff
has updated his Navi-X Showtime PS3 Media Player Plug-in to version 1.0 followed by v1.0.5 and v1.1.5 for Showtime PS3 Media Player with the changes below.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links]
To quote: This update is a major release, it is the biggest update I ever released for a plugin for Showtime, and that being said is recommended that every user update to this new version.
- Add: Allow user set the source for playlist search in settings
- Add: New default source for playlist search (in TMDB View)
- Add: Support for IMDB Lists
- Add: Search for entries from Item Menu
- Add: Stats system
- Fix: IMDB's Parents Guide would not show up
- Fix: Parser PLX would join the last two items of a playlist wrongly
- Enhacement: Improve reporting system
- Add: Allow user to disable History Tracking
- Add: Notifications for important things (such as reporting)
- Fix: User would be logout after forced reload
- Enhancement: Use notifications instead of messages that require user interaction
- Add: Set number of elements in X axis (see note 1)
- Add: Set number of elements in Y axis (see note 1)
- Add: Allow user to hide information bar (see note 1)
- Add: Store items in local Favorites playlist (see note 2)
- Add: Playlists with IMDB/TMDB type redirect to TMDB view
- Add: Support for subtitles in playlists
- Fix: Entries with no title would fail to load page in PS3 platform
- Fix: Titles with colors would be wrongly parsed
- Enhancement: Set view in playlists upon entrance to avoid "screen transformation"
- Add: Report processors that don't work
- Add: Display current status of processing (including countdown timer)
- Add: Cache processors that have cacheable flag equal to 1
- Add: Nested if statements
- Fix: Subvariables in which the main class didn't exist would return error when trying to get it's result
- Enhancement: Improve plugin startup response time
- Enhancement: Improve response time when browsing
- Add: TMDB View (see note 2)
- Add: Trailers
- Add: Similar Movies
- Add: Search in several networks for a movie
- Add: Get Full Cast of a movie
- Add: Get Full Crew of a movie
- Add: Get movies in which a person appeared in the cast
- Add: Use IMDB variable in PLX playlists to identify a movie
- Add: Use TMDB variable in PLX playlists to identify a movie
- Add: IMDB's Parents Guide
- Add: Save playlists IDs for user in local store
- Enhancement: Use local History/Favorites playlist instead of online solution
- Fix: When adding an item to a playlist that contained that item already, it would add again the item making it twice -> Remove the old one and add the fresh one
- Fix: My Playlists
Note 1: These features are present in the Page Menu that can be accessed via Triangle (PS3) or F1 (PC).
Note 2: These features are present in the Item Menu that can be accessed via Square (PS3) or F3 (PC) after focusing the item to see the features relative to.
A quick look in the new views
As you might have seen in the changelog, this version features a new look for list view, it is possible due to a recent feature that lets plugins have their own view files (the way Showtime uses to show the GUI), it means this view is a custom view and not from Showtime's source code, it has been developed by myself using as model some mockups from opium2k and the guidance of andoma in terms of widgets available.
One other biggest new feature is the new exclusive TMDB View, it allows you get a list of persons in the cast/crew of the movie, a list of trailers that redirect to Youtube plugin, a list of movies in the collection, a list of similar movies, search for entries in one page provided as Search in Navi-X googlecode that you may use to get access to videos like Behind the Scenes and others of the movie, and finally access to IMDB's Parents Guide for the movie, perfect to help build up nice nights plans for all family.
1. If you have one of the latest Showtime version (as required by the plugin) and installed previously the previous plugin it should be updated to the newest version once andoma updates the plugin repository with the new version.
2. Access the Plugin Central inside Showtime to install the plugin.
3. Put the zip archive available (linked above) in the directory /installedplugins/
Special thanks to (Alphabetically):
- Andreas Oman (also known as andoma), for creating and maintaining the best alternative to XBMC
- Opium2k, for creating mockups of both Array and TMDB views that ended being improved to the current state of them
- Tyrant, for Beta Testing the plugin as the development happened and for giving ideas in what could be added/improved
How can I log in to navixtreme.com?
In settings page of the plugin there should be an option that says "Login to navixtreme.com" click that. If you used before the previous version of the version and logged in and set to remember the credentials, this process will automatically use that information and adapt to the new authentication method otherwise you'll have to write your credentials. After doing this you never need to click this option again, just by starting Showtime with the plugin enabled will authenticate you.
Where can I find facanferff, andoma, opium and Tyrant?
In the channel #showtime on irc.efnet.net.
What happens to my automatic reports the plugin creates?
If you have the setting for it enabled, once you find a processor not working (generally giving a message starting with "Processor error: "), the plugin will call immediately a website hosted by the plugin's developer that might use the URL, processor and error to debug the problem and fix if it applies. If you want to get information on the current status of a report contact facanferff (via the channel mentioned in this FAQ) and provide your user id and the report id.
The user id is what identifies an installation, it consists of a mix of alphanumeric character followed by your nickname if you're authenticated there. You may see your user id at the folder /settings/jsstore/navi-x-tracking_settings and locate the line that starts by saying "user_id" and the value between double quotes in the right side of is your user id. But if you're authenticated then in the same file you should find a line for the variable "username", so your final user id will be the previous string you obtained plus 1 underscore plus your username, e.g. 1234567890_qwert
The report id is a string that identifies a report and is unique per report, to obtain that value access the navi-x-reports_ids in the same folder as before and locate the line that contains in left side _, the string attached to it is the report id.
If you want to contact the developer to get the status of the report and if you know that the report is for a processor that was reported only that time you may just provide your user id and processor name.
Which reports get a higher priority?
The reporting system sets automatically a priority checking the url and processor in the test bed, if in that test it has success then it is given High priority. If the test also gives an error but different than the one you obtained, it will be given a Medium priority, otherwise it is given Low priority.
I'm a developer and would like to know about those exclusive features of the plugin's API, where may I find those information?
Shortly after the release of this version, facanferff will release a tutorial explaining all of those exclusive features.
I would like to report or suggest about something not related directly to processors, where can I do it?
You should use the official Bug Tracker website for the plugin available (at lonelycoder.com/redmine/projects/navix) You don't need to provide your user id here.
Note: Reporting non working processors in this Web site will not give you a higher priority.
After the release of Showtime Plugin TMDb v1.2.5, a new update to Showtime Plugin Navi-X is now available.
This version brings a new settings option that many users have been asking to set a new home page URL. This setting allows you to use your own PLX playlist or other PLX playlist without having problems with time-out that have been rather frequent with navixtreme.com
- Add: Setting option "Home Page URL" that allows user to change home page URL
- Add: All items that are from navixtreme.com are labelled as so with "[NAVIXTREME]"
- andoma: for creating and maintaining Showtime
- Tyrant: for Beta Testing my plugins
To allow a faster boot time of Showtime you may need to disable login in plugin's Settings.
Any Showtime v4.3.9 can find the update at Plugin Central.