50w ago - Following up on the previous Cobra mmOS multiMAN Cobra Manager (mmCM) updates, today condorstrike has made available the mmCM v04.03.00 changelog alongside mmOS PS3 File Manager functions detailed below.
Window actions (double click/tap): start music playback, image viewer, hex/text viewer, launch executable files (.self/EBOOT.BIN), play video titles (standard 2D and AVI3D), play DVD folders/ISO, direct-boot or load "folder/jb" games, load Blu-ray/DVD-Video/PS3/PSP/PS2 ISO files and BIN+CUE PSX images, load AVCHD video folders, mount folders to install PKG files, install themes and launch PSX games from CD-R discs (when DDA mode is enabled: PSX.EXE/SYSTEM.CNF/ps1_*emu.self)
Taskbar actions: minimize/restore a window, minimize all, change active window
Context/command menu functions: Copy (copy selected entries to clipboard), Cut (copy selected entries to clipboard; entries will be deleted after "Paste"), Paste (paste clipboard contents), Paste as ISO (create an ISO file from a single folder selected with "Copy"), Delete, Rename, Properties, Create New Folder, Create Shortcut, Shadow for PKG game (when a PS3_GAME folder is selected from a game under /dev_hdd0/GAMES), Activate BD-Mirror (when a PS3_GAME folder is selected from a game under /dev_usb***/GAMES), Eject Disc, Open in HEX Viewer, Refresh Net Host
Added option in "Settings" - "Swap Sticks In mmOS - Change actions of Left and Right Sticks in mmOS."
Right Stick - Move mouse pointer (can be changed to Left Stick in Settings "Swap Sticks in mmOS")
Left Stick - Move active window (can be changed to Right Stick in Settings "Swap Sticks in mmOS")
LEFT/RIGHT - One directory level back (history) / forward
UP/DOWN - Scroll up/down window contents
L2/R2 - (PgUp/PgDn) Scroll window contents in pages
SELECT+(CROSS double tap) - Open folder in new window
SELECT+(CIRCLE) - (ALT-F4) Close active window
SELECT+(SQUARE) - (F5) Refresh active window
SELECT+(UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT) - Move mouse pointer (useful with BD-Remote Controller)
Finally, below is how to launch PSN games via multiMAN for those interested from sealhealy (via psx-scene.com/forums/content/tutorial-2280/):
Launch PSN Games from multiMAN like any other PS3 backup:
1. Install your PSN package game like you normally would
2. In multiman go into file manager and navigate to /dev_hdd0/game
3. Find the corresponding game folder to the game you just installed eg. 'Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell HD' = NPEB00527
4. Copy this folder to your USB game folder /dev_usb000/GAMES
5. Now rename the copied folder to something meaningful eg./dev_usb000/GAMES/NPEB00527 becomes /dev_usb000/GAMES/[Splinter Cell HD]-NPEB00527
6. Inside the [Splinter Cell HD]-NPEB00527 folder create a new folder called PS3_GAME eg. /dev_usb000/GAMES/[Splinter Cell HD]-NPEB00527/PS3_GAME
7. Now move all files inside /dev_usb000/GAMES/[Splinter Cell HD]-NPEB00527/ into the PS3_GAME folder.
8. Go back to your Game list and refresh it, the new game will appear
9. Mount the game
10. When kicked back to XMB start the game from App_home not the disc icon
You don't always need to copy all files sometimes just creating the file structure and copying the eboot.bin and param.sfo is enough.
I also think the reverse maybe true for some other games that don't work copying only eboot.bin eg. leave behind only eboot.bin param.sfo TROPDIR in the /dev_hdd0/game folder.
Creating a shadow copy of the USRDIR may also work? Nope
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Fatal frame 1,2,3
Final Fantasy (X, X-2, XII) Confirmed Working
Valkirie profile 2
Resident Evil outbreak (1,2)
Kingdom hearts 2
Silent Hill games (due to the original HD collection sucks)
2. Install AldosTools Collection Run The Pkg View Upon Installation And Click Tools And Select "Associate .pkg Files....." And Quit It
3. After That Download A Ps2 Classic Game I Mean A Ps2 Game That Is From The PlayStation Store
4. You Can Download Ps2 Games By Downloading This: http://rghost.net/44245892 (1.61 MB)
5. After You Download It Run It Then Select Filter And Pick A Ps2 Game
6. After Download Is Completed Click Save Rap
7. It Will Make 2 Different Folders "pkg" and "rap"
8. Go To The pkg Folder And There You Should See Your Game Right Click On It And Press Extract Pkg
9. Wait For The Operation To Complete After It Completes Leave It Like That
10. Download A Ps2 Game In Iso Or Bin Format
11. Run The PS2Classics_GUI Which You Have Downloaded It Before
12. On The Tab Press Encrypt Where It Says: Decrypted Image Press On The Black Folder
13. It Will Open A Window To Select Where Your Game Is
14. Find Your Downloaded Ps2 Iso Game And Press Select
15. After That Don't Close The Window,Go To The exdata Folder You Should See There Something Like This: JP0102-NPJD00015_00-0000000000000000.rap
16. Copy This:JP0102-NPJD00015_00-0000000000000000 In Your Situation It Will Be Different Number
17. Paste That Code Into The Content ID Blank Section
18. After That Press The Three Dots And It Will Open New Window
19. Now Select The File/Rap File From The exdata Folder And Press Open
20. Chose What Kind Of Image Type It Is If It Is 700mb+ Than It Is DVD If It Is Under 700mb Than It Is CD
21. Press ADD LIMG Sector And Press Yes On The Pop Up
22. Then Press Encrypt It Will Ask You Something Again Press Yes
23. Let It Finish After It Finishes It Will Create A File With The Name:ISO.BIN.ENC
24. Copy That File In To The Folder Where You Extracted The Ps2 Classic Pkg The Path Should Look Like This:\pkg\NPJD00015 Capcom Vs SNK 2 Millionaire Fighting 2001\NPJD00015\USRDIR You Paste The File Here In This Folder USRDIR
25. Press Replace When It Asks You,If You Wanna Keep The Game Make Back Up Of The Original ISO.BIN.ENC That It Is In The USRDIR Folder And Then Delete It If You Don't Wanna Just Replace It
26. Then Go Back If You Wanna Change The Name Of The Game To You PS2 Game Because It Is Set To The Name Of The Ps2Classic And You Don't Want That Open The PARAM.SFO And Where It Says Title Change It The Way You Like It And Save It Remove The Old One And Place The New PARAM.SFO If You Don't Like You Don't Need To Do This Step
27. Go Back Again Till You Reach A Folder Named Example:NPJD00015
28. Right Click On The Folder And Press Make pkg It Will Make Pkg Wait Till It Finish It Should Make Something Like This: PP0001-SLPM65047_00-0000111122223333.pkg
29. Copy The Rap File From The exdata folder To A Usb Stick Or A Hard Drive
30. After That Copy The Pkg File On A Hard Drive Or A Stick, Plug It On Your PS3 Go To Install Package Files And Install The pkg By Pressing X
31. Now You Need To Use ReActPSN To Active The Rap:
How To Use ReAct PSN With Raps [Noob Tutorial]
A Lot Of Members Here Are Asking Me How To Use Raps So Here Is A Tutorial:
Step 2. Put The File reActPSN v2.23 CFW341-421.pkg To USB Or Hard Drive
Step 3. Plug The Usb Into The PS3 Then Go To Install Package[Under The Game Selection In XMB]
Step 4. Install reActPSN v2.23 CFW341-421.pkg
Step 5. Make New User
Step 6. Download The Rap Of The Game You Like To Download And Put It In An "exdata" Named Folder On A USB Or Hard Drive
Here Is Some Collection Of Raps: http://www.putlocker.com/file/7F4DCF50D9E27224 (8.41 MB)
Step 7. Plug Your USB To The Ps3 To The USB Port Which Is Closer To The Blu-ray Drive And Go To The User You Created Earlier In Step 5
Step 8. Rename The User Like This "aa"
Step 9. Go To The ReActPSN Application Which Is Under Game Selection In XMB And Press X
Step 10. Wait Until It Restarts The Ps3 Don't Take The USB Out Of The Ps3 Because In There There Are The Files Called Raps
Step 11. When It Finishes It Will Restart And It Will Show A Warning Massage On The First Press OK On The Second Cancel
Step 12. Enjoy
33. After You Active The Rap File With ReActPSN Just Go Under The Game Section And Your Game Will Be There It Might Different Picture And Name If You Didn't Change It Before Press X On It
34. Enjoy Playing All Ps2 Games On Any Ps3
From geokhentix: Try using PSNstuff to get an actual PS2 Classic, and see if it even runs; some of the official ones don't run even for some people. If that's the case, generally swapping firmwares or using a different base PS2 Classic seems to be the first things to try.
I would also try using a different region of the game. That's solved a lot of my problems. As for the klicensee, use the one instructed.
To pack your own .pkg's:
0. Install Ps3tools and make sure you associate .pkg files on install(Pretty sure it does this by default)
1. Download a PS2Classic pkg / .rap from PSNstuff.
2. Right click the .pkg and click "Extract to current path..." and wait until it's done.
3. Go into USRDIR and delete everything except for the 1KB ISO.BIN and the SAVEDATA folder
4. Place the .rap file into C:/User/yourname/ps3tools/scetools/RAPS, also copy/paste the filename(excluding .rap), then go into ps3toolsGUI, and go to Encrypt tab. Select the ISO, and paste the name of the RAP file we copied into the ContentID box. (ex: if the .rap file is "EP0000-NPED12345_00-AAAABBBBCCCCDDDD.rap ||||| the ContentID should be EP0000-NPED12345_00-AAAABBBBCCCCDDDD); the klicensee should generate automatically.
5. Add LIMG Sector, and click Encrypt, and select Yes on the following window.
6. After it's done encrypting, put the resulting ISO.BIN.ENC into /USRDIR of the extracted folder you made in step 2.
7. From here, click back twice, and right click the folder that will be named after the contentID of the game you're using as a shell. (NOTE: if the ContentID is EP0000-NPED12345_00-AAAABBBBCCCCDDDD, the folder will be named "NPED12345") Right click the folder, and click "Make Pkg"
8. Rename to package to match the .rap file. (ex. EP0000-NPED12345_00-AAAABBBBCCCCDDDD.PKG //// EP0000-NPED12345_00-AAAABBBBCCCCDDDD.RAP)
The ICON0 / PIC0 / PIC1 can be changed as long as they're formatted correctly. If you want the game to be named after the PS2 game and not the game you used for a shell, open ps3tools and use the SFO Editor, and edit the PARAM.SFO Title to whatever you want. Just make sure you do this before step 7.
On the event you don't, you can replace the PARAM.SFO post install with an FTP, but do note that you have to boot the game once before the new PARAM.SFO is loaded, so it'll still be named after the shell the first time you boot it if you change the PARAM.SFO post install.
Then run ReactPSN and install the pkg. It seems that some games will work only on certain base games. Try a few before you give up.
Finally, from sorrowxiii: How to Run Multiple PS2 Classics from the XMB (Different Method)
How to run multiple PS2 Classics from the XMB. With this method you will have to use reActPSN just once to activate the PS2 Classics Placeholder. Then you can make as many PS2 Classics as you want without having to run reActPSN again.
Here is a video of my PS2 Classics on PS3 XMB - Multiple PS2 Classics on PS3 XMB
You don't need to install the PS2 Classics Placeholder if running games from the XMB. So skip steps 3 and 6. Thanks to Logi for the information.
7 - Install "reActPSN_v2.23_CFW_340_4XX.pkg" if you don't have it installed
8 - Create a new User with the name "aa" and login to the "aa" user account
9 - Run reActPSN (just press X), the PS3 should do a soft reboot of sort and if everything went good, the "aa" user should be renamed to something like "reActPSN v2.0 7rif0edat". It wouldn't be exacty like that but something along those lines.
Also from now on, you would never have to use reActPSN for your PS2 Classics ever again.
Now we are ready to make the PS2 Classic PKG.
10 - Install the "install_ps3tools_2.2.4.exe" file. It's in the folder "2-TOOLS [PC]/ps3tools224/"
11 - Next there should be a folder called "PS2_Template" in file I have attached. Open "PS2_Template" folder and you will see another folder "PS2U10000". Rename this folder to what ever you want. Example: "PS2GAME01"
12 - Open the "PS2GAME01" folder and you will see some files. Open "PARAM.SFO" using "PARAM SFO Editor" from Aldostools.
13 - Enter the name of the folder you renamed at step 11 in the 'Title ID' field. In my case it's "PS2GAME01"
14 - Enter the name of the game in the 'TITLE' field. Example: "Final Fantasy XII"
15 - Click save and replace the PARAM.SFO file.
16 - You could also customize the ICON0.PNG and PIC1.PNG files for your game.
17 - Now go back and open the 'PS2Classics_GUI.exe'
18 - From the 'Encrypt' tab choose the 'folder icon' below the 'Options' button. And load the ISO file you want to encrypt.
19 - Now click 'Add LIMG Sector', click 'Yes' and click the 'Encrypt' button below. Again a message will appear, click 'Yes' on that message too.
20 - When it finishes encrypting the ISO to "ISO.BIN.ENC". Cut that file and move it to "PS2_Template/PS2GAME01/USRDIR/" path. so it would look like "PS2_Template/PS2GAME01/USRDIR/ISO.BIN.ENC"
21 - Go back to the "PS2_Template" folder and right-click on the "PS2GAME01" folder and click 'Make PKG...'
22 - Now copy the newly created PKG file to the root of your USB drive. Don't worry about it's name. You could just rename the PKG if you want.
23 - Insert the USB drive into one of those USB ports on the PS3 and install the PKG. Now it will show up in the Games column in the PS3 XMB.
24 - Run the PS2 Classic and it should play.
So each time you want to make a new PS2 Classic just follow the Steps from 11. It's easy and quick!