55w ago - Following up on the previous Cobra mmOS multiMAN Cobra Manager (mmCM) updates, today condorstrike has made available the mmCM v04.03.00 changelog alongside mmOS PS3 File Manager functions detailed below.
Window actions (double click/tap): start music playback, image viewer, hex/text viewer, launch executable files (.self/EBOOT.BIN), play video titles (standard 2D and AVI3D), play DVD folders/ISO, direct-boot or load "folder/jb" games, load Blu-ray/DVD-Video/PS3/PSP/PS2 ISO files and BIN+CUE PSX images, load AVCHD video folders, mount folders to install PKG files, install themes and launch PSX games from CD-R discs (when DDA mode is enabled: PSX.EXE/SYSTEM.CNF/ps1_*emu.self)
Taskbar actions: minimize/restore a window, minimize all, change active window
Context/command menu functions: Copy (copy selected entries to clipboard), Cut (copy selected entries to clipboard; entries will be deleted after "Paste"), Paste (paste clipboard contents), Paste as ISO (create an ISO file from a single folder selected with "Copy"), Delete, Rename, Properties, Create New Folder, Create Shortcut, Shadow for PKG game (when a PS3_GAME folder is selected from a game under /dev_hdd0/GAMES), Activate BD-Mirror (when a PS3_GAME folder is selected from a game under /dev_usb***/GAMES), Eject Disc, Open in HEX Viewer, Refresh Net Host
Added option in "Settings" - "Swap Sticks In mmOS - Change actions of Left and Right Sticks in mmOS."
Right Stick - Move mouse pointer (can be changed to Left Stick in Settings "Swap Sticks in mmOS")
Left Stick - Move active window (can be changed to Right Stick in Settings "Swap Sticks in mmOS")
LEFT/RIGHT - One directory level back (history) / forward
UP/DOWN - Scroll up/down window contents
L2/R2 - (PgUp/PgDn) Scroll window contents in pages
SELECT+(CROSS double tap) - Open folder in new window
SELECT+(CIRCLE) - (ALT-F4) Close active window
SELECT+(SQUARE) - (F5) Refresh active window
SELECT+(UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT) - Move mouse pointer (useful with BD-Remote Controller)
Finally, below is how to launch PSN games via multiMAN for those interested from sealhealy (via psx-scene.com/forums/content/tutorial-2280/):
Launch PSN Games from multiMAN like any other PS3 backup:
1. Install your PSN package game like you normally would
2. In multiman go into file manager and navigate to /dev_hdd0/game
3. Find the corresponding game folder to the game you just installed eg. 'Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell HD' = NPEB00527
4. Copy this folder to your USB game folder /dev_usb000/GAMES
5. Now rename the copied folder to something meaningful eg./dev_usb000/GAMES/NPEB00527 becomes /dev_usb000/GAMES/[Splinter Cell HD]-NPEB00527
6. Inside the [Splinter Cell HD]-NPEB00527 folder create a new folder called PS3_GAME eg. /dev_usb000/GAMES/[Splinter Cell HD]-NPEB00527/PS3_GAME
7. Now move all files inside /dev_usb000/GAMES/[Splinter Cell HD]-NPEB00527/ into the PS3_GAME folder.
8. Go back to your Game list and refresh it, the new game will appear
9. Mount the game
10. When kicked back to XMB start the game from App_home not the disc icon
You don't always need to copy all files sometimes just creating the file structure and copying the eboot.bin and param.sfo is enough.
I also think the reverse maybe true for some other games that don't work copying only eboot.bin eg. leave behind only eboot.bin param.sfo TROPDIR in the /dev_hdd0/game folder.
Creating a shadow copy of the USRDIR may also work? Nope
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Some users have reported problems with some PAL ps1 games on NTSC systems and viceversa.
It is a bug that only affects a portion of users. This package solves those problems.
Instructions: after selecting a ps1 game of different TV system wtith mmCM, launch the included application instead of starting the ps1 game with the disc icon. If the game is of your TV system or if you don't have this problem at all, we recommend to play the game using the disc icon, as always, as it is expected to have bigger compatibility.
multiMAN ver 04.30.00 UPD CEX (20130331).pkg
ps2classics.rar (modified by me)
This test update requires that you have 04.30.00 BASE or updated online to 04.30.00. The online version is also updated to this build.
Changes in ps2classic:
Added 64bit file access functions to support 4GB+ files (for LIMG and encryption)
Added asynchronous READ/WRITE to improve encryption speed (1GB / 3min)
Added progress bar and 'Remaining time' information to the encryption
Added check if the provided ISO is a CD or DVD image for proper LIMG header creation
Changes in multiMAN:
Added support to encrypt standard disc-backup PS2 ISO files from /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO and /dev_usbxxx/PS2ISO to PS2 Classics
Added support to delete PS2 Classics (ISO+folder)
Added support to load PS2 Classics from USB HDD (folder will be transferred to internal HDD)
Encryption is done by spawning "ps2classics" which resides in mM's USRDIR/sys/PS2C.BIN (the one provided in the ps2classics.rar above)
Basically it comes down to:
1) Rip your original PS2 game disc with multiMAN (it took just 4-5 mins to backup my KILLZONE disc) / or transfer a PS2 ISO backup to /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO
2) Go to RETRO column and load the ISO - you'll be prompted to convert to PS2 Classic
3) Conversion takes 2 to 5 mins and you'll be returned to multiMAN (you'll see the converted game with [PS2 Classic] suffix in the name)
4) Activate the PS2 Classic and start it from XMB/PS2 Classic Placeholder
Default CID and KLICENSE used (compatible with aldostools and CaptainCPS-X tools/apps):
p.s. I was FINALLY able to test all this PS2-Classics stuff:
1) Download and install ReactPSN 2.24 and PS2ClassicsPlaceholder from mM's WEB column
- Create "aa" account and login with it (make sure AUTO-LOGIN is disabled so you can chose "ReactPSN Xrif Xedat" account)
- Copy /exdata folder (included in ReactPSN zip) with 2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333.rap file in it on USB stick
- Start reactPSN and login with your regular account after reboot
2) Start multiMAN and put KILLZONE PS2 original disc
3) From game column select "Copy" while Killzone disc is displayed
4) Backup to /dev_hdd0 (PS2ISO)
5) After copy completes go to RETRO column and activate "KILLZONE" ISO
6) It prompts for encryption (4,4GB)
7) Back to mM and RETRO column - activate "Killzone [PS2 Classic]"
8) Quit to XMB and start "PS2 Classics Placeholder"
TOTAL = 24mins to RIP a full 4,4GB DVD, convert to PS2 Classic and start it. ALL THAT ON THE PS3.
Where iso_path1 is the source iso, iso_path2 is the destination encrypted iso.bin.enc and klc_path is the path to the klicense.
I just tested it (launching a regular ISO in mM, it spawns the ps2classics.self and creates the encrypted ISO + a folder structure) - everything seems ok. It needs a nice progress bar, improved I/O by using async read/write and you're good to go. It doesn't support 4GB+ files, but properly adds missing info for CD ISO files.
Basically with mM you can dump your PS2 game disc, load it in the RETRO column, it will convert it to ps2classic in a minute or two and you can load it with ps2-classics-placeholder. I'll release a test mM later.
Showtime 04.03.128 by Andreas Oman is now available (for mM and as standalone in the WEB column).