Fixes the major "Invalid" error, now most saves should work, except those with time stamp issues...
Let's get started.
COPY YOUR ORIGINAL SAVEDATA FROM THE PS3 -
1. Convert your game with PS2iso2pkg; REMEMBER THE GAME ID. That's how you find it on your storage media (PS2UXXXXX).
2. Under "Game", navigate to "Saved Data Utility (PS2)," and delete the savedata for your PS2 game.
3. Load your converted PS2Classic at least once on your PS3, then quit when you see the PlayStation 2 logo.
DO NOT SAVE ANY DATA TO THE "MEMORY STICK" WHILE IN-GAME, THIS IS CRUCIAL.
4. Quit back to the XMB. You should have received no errors.
5. Under "Game", navigate to "Saved Data Utility (PS2)," then scroll to your PS2 savegame data.
6. Press triangle on your savedata, and select "Copy."
7. Insert your storage media (i.e. a thumb-drive), and copy the data to it. Overwrite if necessary.
CONVERT YOUR NEW SAVEDATA FROM YOUR OLD PS2 -
1. Connect your storage media to your computer. Navigate to drive:/PS3/EXPORT/PS2SD/PS2U[Game ID]
2. Copy SCEVMC0.VME to the "orig_VME" folder of the GUI tool.
3. Run VMEconv.exe
Click the Decrypt tab
Select Decrypt VME, and select your VME in orig_VME
Save as SCEVMC0.PS2 in the PS2 folder.
4. Run SaveBuild.exe - Note - you may have to open PS2save-builder manually with admin rights; it is located in "tools"
Click "Edit > Add File", and browse to the folder of your savegame.
It will look something like "mc0:/BASLUS-21490"
Import every file from that directory into the tool. (i.e. BASLUS-21490/icon.sys , BASLUS-21490/config , etc)
Now edit the Root/ID field to match the name of the folder (i.e. Root/ID = BASLUS-21490)
Go to "File > Save as..." and select "Save as file type: X-port2 (*.xps)" and save the file as your Root/ID (i.e. BASLUS-21490.xps)
(The program will ask you to save the file inside of your savegame folder, save it somewhere like your desktop)
You can just export your PS2 savegames from uLaunchElf into a PSV container, which allows for timestamp verification saves
5. Run X2Pconv.exe
Select "Open", and find your XPS that you saved in step 4
Click "Save" and save it as a .PSU
6. Run MyMC.exe
When the program starts, it will ask you to open a .PS2 file; Navigate to and select MemCardConv/PS2/SCEVMC0.PS2
Click "File > Import..." and select the .PSU you created in set 5
7. Rename your PS2
Inside of the PS2 folder, rename SCEVMC0.PS2 to SCEVMC0.VMC
8. Run VMEconv.exe
Click the Encrypt tab
Select Encrypt VMC, and select your VMC in PS2
Save as SCEVMC0.VME in new_VME
COPY YOUR NEW SAVEDATA TO THE PS3 -
1. Copy the New VME in the new_VME folder to your external drive (external drive:/PS3/EXPORT/PS2SD/PS2UXXXXX/SCEVMC0.VME)
2. On your PS3, plug in your external drive and go to the Game portion of the XMB, and select "Saved data Utility (PS2)"
3. Select your external drive and copy over the new savegame
4. You're good to go, load up your game good luck
Woo. Only took 6 hours
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Thanks spewfr. Love this program, but i'm having some problems.
I was able to create the package and transfer it to my PS2.(60 GB running REBUG 4.30.2 REX edition) I placed the "exdata" folder on a USB device, created and new user "aa" and installed and ran ReactPSN. The PS2 rebooted and I logged in as my normal user and installed the PS2 game package.. When I run the PS2 game (Which does appear under the Playstation 2 category on the XMB) I just get a black screen. I've gone over the instructions and I don't think i'm missing anything.
You're very welcome! Thank you for using my tool I'm glad you finally got it working!
I looked at your images that you took, and you created an internal memory card; the game itself should not have created this card.
It would have made card inside of the ps2 save data utility; using the internal memor cards is useless.
spewfr you awesome Thanks bro spewfr for this update but still not work i converted my old savegame ps2 perfectly use your tool and your steps but the problem not in convert savegame ps2 the problem in how to replace my VME from with the my new VME ?
i just can't see my ps2 save from XMB and i don't know where i can find my ps2 save from my ps3 ..
here the pictures this pic show my ps2 game from xmb
this pic show the game take load from memory card
this pic show my ps3 from xmb memory card utillity
this pis show inside my ps2 memory card ( There is no saved data ) !!..
here the problem how i can replace VME with new VME if i can't see ant save data ?!!..
what is the problem ? the game take load successfully but when i go to the ps2 memory card utillity can't see any save data show me just ( There is no saved data ) !!.. (more information)
-> i used CFW Eboot & PKG Resigner v1.20 for make this ps2 game
-> my ps3 on ( Rogero CEX 4.40 v1.02 )
yap finally i got the way for replace VME with new VME and i replaced VME but after the game stating give me this error
The saved data is corrupted (0x80028f24) after many try and i follow your step exactly on your last update Memory Card Converter v3.0 Now convert save data working 100% confirmed by me very good job my boss I'm very happy after i load my save data successfully on my ps3
Big Big Big thanks for you waiting for your news good luck to all ..