Fixes the major "Invalid" error, now most saves should work, except those with time stamp issues...
Let's get started.
COPY YOUR ORIGINAL SAVEDATA FROM THE PS3 -
1. Convert your game with PS2iso2pkg; REMEMBER THE GAME ID. That's how you find it on your storage media (PS2UXXXXX).
2. Under "Game", navigate to "Saved Data Utility (PS2)," and delete the savedata for your PS2 game.
3. Load your converted PS2Classic at least once on your PS3, then quit when you see the PlayStation 2 logo.
DO NOT SAVE ANY DATA TO THE "MEMORY STICK" WHILE IN-GAME, THIS IS CRUCIAL.
4. Quit back to the XMB. You should have received no errors.
5. Under "Game", navigate to "Saved Data Utility (PS2)," then scroll to your PS2 savegame data.
6. Press triangle on your savedata, and select "Copy."
7. Insert your storage media (i.e. a thumb-drive), and copy the data to it. Overwrite if necessary.
CONVERT YOUR NEW SAVEDATA FROM YOUR OLD PS2 -
1. Connect your storage media to your computer. Navigate to drive:/PS3/EXPORT/PS2SD/PS2U[Game ID]
2. Copy SCEVMC0.VME to the "orig_VME" folder of the GUI tool.
3. Run VMEconv.exe
Click the Decrypt tab
Select Decrypt VME, and select your VME in orig_VME
Save as SCEVMC0.PS2 in the PS2 folder.
4. Run SaveBuild.exe - Note - you may have to open PS2save-builder manually with admin rights; it is located in "tools"
Click "Edit > Add File", and browse to the folder of your savegame.
It will look something like "mc0:/BASLUS-21490"
Import every file from that directory into the tool. (i.e. BASLUS-21490/icon.sys , BASLUS-21490/config , etc)
Now edit the Root/ID field to match the name of the folder (i.e. Root/ID = BASLUS-21490)
Go to "File > Save as..." and select "Save as file type: X-port2 (*.xps)" and save the file as your Root/ID (i.e. BASLUS-21490.xps)
(The program will ask you to save the file inside of your savegame folder, save it somewhere like your desktop)
You can just export your PS2 savegames from uLaunchElf into a PSV container, which allows for timestamp verification saves
5. Run X2Pconv.exe
Select "Open", and find your XPS that you saved in step 4
Click "Save" and save it as a .PSU
6. Run MyMC.exe
When the program starts, it will ask you to open a .PS2 file; Navigate to and select MemCardConv/PS2/SCEVMC0.PS2
Click "File > Import..." and select the .PSU you created in set 5
7. Rename your PS2
Inside of the PS2 folder, rename SCEVMC0.PS2 to SCEVMC0.VMC
8. Run VMEconv.exe
Click the Encrypt tab
Select Encrypt VMC, and select your VMC in PS2
Save as SCEVMC0.VME in new_VME
COPY YOUR NEW SAVEDATA TO THE PS3 -
1. Copy the New VME in the new_VME folder to your external drive (external drive:/PS3/EXPORT/PS2SD/PS2UXXXXX/SCEVMC0.VME)
2. On your PS3, plug in your external drive and go to the Game portion of the XMB, and select "Saved data Utility (PS2)"
3. Select your external drive and copy over the new savegame
4. You're good to go, load up your game good luck
Woo. Only took 6 hours
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Thanks for the help. I didn't enter the SLUS- part this time but the program gave out the wrong ID. It only showed the last 4 digits. When I entered the missing digit, it started the encryption. It seems to complete. I save the ISO.BIN in the "tools" folder but the program does not see it and asks me to move it there. I put it in the tools folder that came with the program. Is that not correct?
Following up on my previous revision, after receiving so many problematic issues I (Spewfr) decided to discontinue the old setup and start a new pack of tools dubbed PS2Classics Virtual Memory Card Tools v4 Final for PS3.
Note: The PS3 will only read PS2SD/XXXXXXXXX/SCEVMC0.VME & SCEVMC1.VME.
VME = encrypted
PS2 and VMC = decrypted
PS2Classics Virtual Memory Card Tools & Guide
This tool pack allows users to compile new savegame VME's without the hassle of using the Command-Line GUI. Just download the tool pack and follow the instructions given below.
1. Get your PS2 unedited savegame from your PS3
Run your PS2classics SUCCESSFULLY at least once.
On your PS3, go to "Saved data Utility (PS2)", NOT INTERNAL MEMORY CARDS.
Select your PS2Classics game, and copy it to your USB drive.
2. Obtaining your PS2 savegames
With your memory card and external USB drive inserted into your PS2, run http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1SP6181X/uLaunchELF_v4.11.zip_links
Navigate to mc0:/ or mc1 (mc0 = 1st slot, mc1 = 2nd slot)
Within that directory, there should lots of folders, for example BASLUS-12345++.
To copy all savegames to an external drive, press [SQUARE]. All of the folders in the memory card should now have white dots on them.
Press [R1] and select "Copy".
Now go up a folder and navigate to mass:/ (go into it).
Press [R1] and select "psuPaste".
All of the savegames should now be copied into your external USB drive as PSU's.
3. Converting your PS2 Savegames
Run MyMC, included in the tools.
Select a .PS2 Memory Card Image (included in the tools, fresh ones can be downloaded below)
Remember where this .PS2 image is.
Now click "File > Import..." and select the PSU that matches your PS2Classics game. (i.e. if your PS2Classics game id = PS2U23456, then your PSU equivalent may be BASLUS-23456XXXX.psu)
With the PSU imported, close the MyMC and find your .PS2 image.
Rename the .PS2 to .VMC
Open up PS2Classics GUI and click on the Encrypt tab.
Then select "Encrypt VMC". Select the .VMC/.PS2 image that you just edited/renamed.
Save the .VME that it makes in a place you will remember.
4. Importing your new Savegames onto your USB and PS3
Find the .VME that your just encrypted.
Copy it on your USB drive in this format, with the X's replacing your PS2Classics game ID.
(Overwrite the file, as there should be a VME in there already from Step 1. If no .VME is present, then do step 1 again)
With the VME copied in that format, plug your USB into your PS3.
Go to "Saved data Utility (PS2)"
Then inside of that, go to your USB drive and copy over the new savegame.
Overwrite the files, it should ask you to do that.
Enjoy your converted PS2 savegames
Finally, from xXRagnarokXx: Hey Guys, this is for noob tutorial and it works 100% no bug on the mmc.
1- Make sure your mmc slot 2 is clean
2- Copy your Saved Data Utility (PS2) on usb
3- Copy your original SCEVMC0.VME that came Saved Data Utility (PS2) put it on a safe place
4- Delete your data on your Saved Data Utility (PS2) then run the ps2holder if you get a memory card error your good to go
5- Copy the ps2holder Saved Data Utility (PS2) on usb again
6- Open your usb and put your original SCEVMC0.VME on /PS3/EXPORT/PS2SD/PS2U[Game ID]
7- Covert Any SCEVMC0.PS2 to SCEVMC1.VME make sure you have the save version save data on it
8 - Put Your Converted SCEVMC1.VME on /PS3/EXPORT/PS2SD/PS2U[Game ID]
9- Now All you need to do is stall the save data to you Saved Data Utility (PS2) then play the game you have save data by using mmc2