- Following up on my PS2 ISO to XMB Conversion Command-Line GUI v1.0 Beta for PS3
, today I present Memory Card Converter v2.0 for PS2Classics PS3 Command-Line GUI.
(5 MB) / MemCardConv_v2.rar
This new Command-Line GUI tools converts your old PS2 savegames to a readable format for the PS3 system.
- Run your PS2Classic at least once.
- Exit to the XMB, and go to "Save Data Utility (PS2)"
- Copy your PS2Classic Game's Savedata to your external drive
Follow the steps below to Convert your old savegame files, and then overwrite this one.
1. Export your old PS2 saves from your PS2 Memory Stick to your computer, using either
A. Sony's memory Card Adapter (Requires PSV exporter
B. uLaunchElf; Tutorial included below.
I recommend just copying your entire library of saves to an external drive
2. Run SaveBuild - *Note - you may have to open PS2save-builder manually with admin rights; it is located in "tools".
3. Click "Edit > Add File", and browse to the folder of your savegame. It will look something like "mc0:/BASLUS-21490"
4. Import every file from that directory into the tool. (i.e. BASLUS-21490/icon.sys , BASLUS-21490/config , etc)
5. Now edit the Root/ID field to match the name of the folder (i.e. Root/ID = BASLUS-21490)
6. Go to "File > Save as..." and select "Save as file type: X-port2 (*.xps)" and save the file as your Root/ID (i.e. BASLUS-21490.xps) The program will ask you to save the file inside of your savegame folder, save it somewhere like your desktop)
7. Run MyMC
8. When the program starts, it will ask you to open a .PS2 file; select "SCEVMC0.PS2" (I have included one with the tools.)
BE AWARE THAT THIS TOOL UPDATES THE MEMORY CARD WITH REAL-TIME AND SAVES CANNOT BE REMOVED!
9. Click "File > Import..." and select the .XPS you just created.
10. Run PS2toVME ; Make sure the new SCEVMC0.PS2 is in the same folder. (the .PS2 will be cleaned automatically every time PS2toVME closes)
11. Copy the New VME in the VME folder to your external drive (external drive:/PS3/EXPORT/PS2SD/PS2UXXXXX/SCEVMC0.VME)
12. On your PS3, plug in your external drive and go to the Game portion of the XMB, and select "Saved data Utility (PS2)"
13. Select your external drive and copy over the new savegame
14. You're good to go, load up your game
ulaunchElf Copy Savgame Guide
1. Load uLaunchELF on your PS2, browse to your USB flash (under mc0:/ or mc1:/ ).
2. Locate the folder that contains your savegame, then press R1 and select "Copy" to copy the entire folder (it should contain files like icon.sys , config , etc)
3. Browse to your external drive ( mass:/ )
4. press R1 again and select "mcPaste" to paste the entire folder onto your external drive (do NOT use "Paste", while it works for most games, some games require mPaste)