This new Command-Line GUI tools converts your old PS2 savegames to a readable format for the PS3 system.
Run your PS2Classic at least once.
Exit to the XMB, and go to "Save Data Utility (PS2)"
Copy your PS2Classic Game's Savedata to your external drive
Follow the steps below to Convert your old savegame files, and then overwrite this one.
1. Export your old PS2 saves from your PS2 Memory Stick to your computer, using either
A. Sony's memory Card Adapter (Requires PSV exporter)
B. uLaunchElf; Tutorial included below.
I recommend just copying your entire library of saves to an external drive
2. Run SaveBuild - *Note - you may have to open PS2save-builder manually with admin rights; it is located in "tools".
3. Click "Edit > Add File", and browse to the folder of your savegame. It will look something like "mc0:/BASLUS-21490"
4. Import every file from that directory into the tool. (i.e. BASLUS-21490/icon.sys , BASLUS-21490/config , etc)
5. Now edit the Root/ID field to match the name of the folder (i.e. Root/ID = BASLUS-21490)
6. Go to "File > Save as..." and select "Save as file type: X-port2 (*.xps)" and save the file as your Root/ID (i.e. BASLUS-21490.xps) The program will ask you to save the file inside of your savegame folder, save it somewhere like your desktop)
7. Run MyMC
8. When the program starts, it will ask you to open a .PS2 file; select "SCEVMC0.PS2" (I have included one with the tools.)
BE AWARE THAT THIS TOOL UPDATES THE MEMORY CARD WITH REAL-TIME AND SAVES CANNOT BE REMOVED!
9. Click "File > Import..." and select the .XPS you just created.
10. Run PS2toVME ; Make sure the new SCEVMC0.PS2 is in the same folder. (the .PS2 will be cleaned automatically every time PS2toVME closes)
11. Copy the New VME in the VME folder to your external drive (external drive:/PS3/EXPORT/PS2SD/PS2UXXXXX/SCEVMC0.VME)
12. On your PS3, plug in your external drive and go to the Game portion of the XMB, and select "Saved data Utility (PS2)"
13. Select your external drive and copy over the new savegame
14. You're good to go, load up your game
ulaunchElf Copy Savgame Guide
1. Load uLaunchELF on your PS2, browse to your USB flash (under mc0:/ or mc1:/ ).
2. Locate the folder that contains your savegame, then press R1 and select "Copy" to copy the entire folder (it should contain files like icon.sys , config , etc)
3. Browse to your external drive ( mass:/ )
4. press R1 again and select "mcPaste" to paste the entire folder onto your external drive (do NOT use "Paste", while it works for most games, some games require mPaste)
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Thanks spewfr. Love this program, but i'm having some problems.
I was able to create the package and transfer it to my PS2.(60 GB running REBUG 4.30.2 REX edition) I placed the "exdata" folder on a USB device, created and new user "aa" and installed and ran ReactPSN. The PS2 rebooted and I logged in as my normal user and installed the PS2 game package.. When I run the PS2 game (Which does appear under the Playstation 2 category on the XMB) I just get a black screen. I've gone over the instructions and I don't think i'm missing anything.
You're very welcome! Thank you for using my tool I'm glad you finally got it working!
I looked at your images that you took, and you created an internal memory card; the game itself should not have created this card.
It would have made card inside of the ps2 save data utility; using the internal memor cards is useless.
spewfr you awesome Thanks bro spewfr for this update but still not work i converted my old savegame ps2 perfectly use your tool and your steps but the problem not in convert savegame ps2 the problem in how to replace my VME from with the my new VME ?
i just can't see my ps2 save from XMB and i don't know where i can find my ps2 save from my ps3 ..
here the pictures this pic show my ps2 game from xmb
this pic show the game take load from memory card
this pic show my ps3 from xmb memory card utillity
this pis show inside my ps2 memory card ( There is no saved data ) !!..
here the problem how i can replace VME with new VME if i can't see ant save data ?!!..
what is the problem ? the game take load successfully but when i go to the ps2 memory card utillity can't see any save data show me just ( There is no saved data ) !!.. (more information)
-> i used CFW Eboot & PKG Resigner v1.20 for make this ps2 game
-> my ps3 on ( Rogero CEX 4.40 v1.02 )
yap finally i got the way for replace VME with new VME and i replaced VME but after the game stating give me this error
The saved data is corrupted (0x80028f24) after many try and i follow your step exactly on your last update Memory Card Converter v3.0 Now convert save data working 100% confirmed by me very good job my boss I'm very happy after i load my save data successfully on my ps3
Big Big Big thanks for you waiting for your news good luck to all ..