To quote: Currently Mednafen only supports zipped roms, as there was a bug with unzipped roms (fix coming soon). Future versions should have PC Engine and PC Engine CD, as well as Atari Lynx, Neo-Geo Pocket and WonderSwan.
This is a port of the Mednafen Multi-System emulator to the Sony PlayStation 3.
Mednafen PS3 Features:
• Emulates NES GB GBC GBA SMS GG
• Load uncompressed or zipped images
• Save and load save ram and save states
• File browser, place your games on a USB drive, or FTP them to the internal drive
• Fast forward
The first time you load a game for a system, you will be asked to configure the controls, you can reconfigure them later by pressing L3 + R3.
• PCE and PCE CD support
• Neo-Geo pocket, Atari Lynx and Wonder Swan support
• Better user interface
• Other features
• File Menu
• Up and Down to Scroll the list by 1
• Left and Right to scroll the list by a page
• Cross: Select File or directory
• Circle: Go to previous directory
• Tilt the right stick to the right for fast forward
• R3 to open settings menu
• Hold L3 + L2 to save state
• Hold L3 + R2 to load state
• Hold L3 + R3 to redefine controls
• Up and down to choose setting
• Left and right to change the current settings value
The original author of Mednafen, and all of the emulators it contains.
The people who make the PS3 JailBreak possible.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Download: http://www.multiupload.com/53OD9SL6T3 / http://www.multiupload.com/9DSVDP8K8Z by pete_uk (ps3crunch.net/forum/threads/1067-Mednafen?p=9482#post9482) via http://code.google.com/p/mednafen-ps3/
To quote: When you first boot mednafen, press R3 to open the settings menu. Go down and select "Sega Saturn (Yabause)" with X. Make sure that "yabause.enable" is set to "ON" Select "yabause.bios" with Square and browse to your Saturn Bios and select it with X. (Google will help here ) Then press circle twice to return to the file browser.
Recent Changes via code.google.com/p/mednafen-ps3/updates/list:
40c2207d0f: Add initial framework for allowing emulator modules to do their rendering in OpenGL
6276ff9de1: yabause: Enable OpenGL renderer (breaks building cell until it is converted to OpenGL ES)
88f32b3357: yabause: Make opengl a load time option (it's not always faster or better than software), add proper frame skip support
996c375b85: yabause: Fix software renderer color blending on the PS3 yabause: Allow opengl to compile on PS3, it will crash if you enable it though (so don't)
- Fix rebuild all switch, add note about vbam in BUILDING_NOTES.TXT
- Begin finalizing new browser
- Bookmarks can point to ftp now
- Basic error handling in file browser, Force disable of filesys.samedir settings, sorry (if you had them enabled you need to move all saves to the folders in /dev_hdd0/game/MDFN90002/USRDIR/mednafen/)
- Bug fixes
- Some bug fixes
- Updated build scheme
- Circle now exits IconGrid
- Tune down optimizations in system-l1ght, begin to refactor file browser
- Fix FTP credentials
- Quick FTP fix (OSX FTP sharing works now)
- Even more FTP fixes