- Although we agree with homebrew PS3 developers
on the True Blue dongle, it appears the first PS3 JailBreak 2 (JB2) dongle clone has now surfaced called the JB-King from China.
Based on the pictures below, the JB-King dongle looks similar to the P3Go GT Break Clone PS3 ModChip
, but like TB allows playing 3.6x+ PlayStation 3 games on FW 3.55 from normal BD-R discs and from the PS3 HDD.
Download: JB-King PS3 Driver
/ JB-King PS3 Upgrade Guide
/ JB-King PS3 Upgrade Tools
/ JB-King PS3 Upgrade File
/ Fhash Tool - Verify SHA1 CODE (CRC: 975C731C)
/ MD5 Verify Tool - Verify MD5 CODE (CRC: E44542D8)
/ JBK Reset Patch 2.3 Upgrade (CRC: F06B0D4D)
Below are the (roughly translated) JB-King specifications from the clone's official site (linked above) courtesy of SilverTone International Co via yintung.com:
How to upgrade?
1. Press on JBK back Switch and plug in PC, will appear Finding Hardware Device.
2. According to PS3 console model, open "Driver" file to find the compatible driver with your own ps3, and install it, then appear"STM Device in DFU Mode" normally.
3. Open file by step "JBK upgrade TOOLS\Release\Upgrade.ex
Congratulations! Latest high quality PS3 JB-King released! If you want to unlock you own PS3 console and enjoy the latest and most popular PS3 games, you can have one more choice- high quality PS3 JB-King.
PS3 JB-King Dongle
Unlock the true potential of your PS3 with JB-King Dongle- keep your PS3 on a homebrew enabled custom fireware, while at the same time enjoying the latest and most popular PS3 games.
Attention: All JB-King we sell now,default V2.3 firmware,no need to update TB2 V2.3 firmware.
JB-King later upgrade firmware must be downloaded from JB-King official Web site from now on. If download unofficial upgrade firmware from other website, it will not be received normal after-sale service.
Updated JB-King Feature List
- Booting of games from v3.6+ (up to v3.73) from special BD-R discs available from official resellers
- Runs games up to v3.56 from HDD in conjunction with 'backup managers'
- Does not require the Power/Eject trick
- Custom v3.55 Dongle firmware behaves like OFW when 'JB-King' is not inserted
- Manufactured from highest grade components and Actel based
- Durable and high quality metal case design
- Tough and durable plastic packaging
- Further features to be added as they are developed
- Supports Fat and Slim consoles currently running any firmware up to v3.55
- And any PS3 which can be downgraded from v3.6+ to v3.55 (NOTE: Requires other tools, 'JB-King' currently can't downgrade a Console)
- Supports all regions of consoles
- Supports all regions of ISO's to be released
- Rock solid crystal oscillator on board for flawless timing
- The 'JB-King' dongle allows booting of the latest the ISO's (3.6+) from special BD-R discs which can be purchased from all official resellers.
- The discs can be burned by any BD-R recorder and there are no special requirements on either PC or BD burner types.
1. Booting of games designed for PS3 system software v3.6 and above
2. Runs your existing games and new v3.6+ games from HDD in conjunction with standard backup managers
3. Supports Fat and Slim PS3 consoles currently running any firmware up to v3.55 and any PS3 which can be downgraded successfully from v3.6+ to v3.55 (NOTE: requires other tools, JB-King cannot downgrade a console)
4. Supports all regions of consoles
5. Supports all regions of v3.6+ games
6. Rock solid crystal oscillator on board for flawless timing
7. Durable and high quality plastic case design
8. Tough and durable plastic packaging
9. Further features to be added as they are developed
10. On board 2 MBytes SPI flash
11. Does not require the power/eject trick
12. Custom v3.55 Dongle firmware behaves like OFW when JB-King is not inserted
13. Manufactured from highest grade components and Actel based
PS3 JB-King Installation Guide
Step 1: Make sure your PS3 is in V3.55 system, either OFW (official firmware) or CFW (official firmware). Which means if your PS3 is lower than V3.55, just update it to V3.55! If your PS3 is higher than V3.55, sorry, you can not use this item. please use E3 flasher to downgrade your PS3 to V3.55 first.
Step 2: When your PS3 is in V3.55, you need to install the PS3 JB-King V3.55 CFW. Here is the method on how to install PS3 JB-King V3.55 CFW. The update method is just the same as update the official firmware via USB storage.
- Download the PS3 JB-King V3.55 CFW
- Extract the file, you will get "JB king-3.55-CFW" folder, you can see "PS3UPDAT.PUP" iqnside.
- Prepare a USB storage, create a folder named "PS3"in the root of your USB storage, then create another folder named "UPDATE" in the "PS3" folder, in the end put the "PS3UPDAT.PUP" in the "UPDATE" folder. So it is: USB storage----PS3----UPDATE----PS3UPDAT.PUP
- Insert your USB storage into your PS3 USB interface and power on your PS3.
- Move to the system update option and choose update via USB storage.
- Choose the PS3UPDAT.PUP and start updating, go and drink a beer, wait until it finishes updating. Don't do anything during the update progress.
- Your PS3 will be in PS3 JB-King V3.55 CFW after the installation.
Step 3: Update your PS3 JB-King to the latest version V2.3.
- Download the JB-King PS3 Update v2.3
- Extract the file you will get "JB-King Update-2.3.pkg"
- Put the "JB-King Update-2.3.pkg" file in your USB storage.
- Insert the USB storage into your PS3 and then install the pkg file in your PS3.
- After you finish the installation, you will see the "True blue Update V2.3"
- Click the "True blue Update V2.3" it will ask you to insert your PS3 JB-King. then insert your PS3 JB-King.
- Go on the update procress to finish the update.
After this step, you have installed the PS3 JB-King successfully. Let's go and start playing a game. I will take "FEAR 3" as an example.
Notice: You need to replace the PS3 JB-King eboot for the V3.60+ games before you play the games.
It means you need to download the both FEAR 3 game file and also F.E.A.R.3_EBOOT_PATCH_TB_ PS3-PARADOX if you don't do this step, the screen will freeze and change black. ok I have downloaded those files and also have patched it, let's go.
PS3 JB-King PS3 FAQ
- Before you power on the PS3, just insert the PS3 JB-King and the your game HDD.
- Login Multiman and find the FEAR3
- Press X to login the game
- It will take you back to XMB
- Go to "app_home/PS3_GAME/" and click it to play FEAR3
- Done, congratulations!
Q：Will more new cracked games release later?
A: Our JB-King Team has mastered the core cracking technology, and has the ability to crack games by ourselves. We will regularly renew the cracked games eboot files, please pay your attention to our official website for details. Just rest assured to buy and use our JB-King.
Q: How do I use JB-King to play a purchased PS3 game that requires 3.6+ PS3 firmware?
A: JB-King does not support directly playing original game discs requiring 3.6+ on lower firmware versions. In order to play such recent games on your jailbroken 3.55 CFW PS3 you must first dump your original game disc to HDD using one of the many supported PS3 backup managers such as Multiman.
Once you have dumped the game, you must obtain and install a "JB-King patch" corresponding to said game from the internet. This procedure effectively creates a copy of your game on a HDD, modified to function on your 3.55 CFW PS3 in conjunction with JB-King. For full details, please refer to the JB-King Users Guide on the download page.
Q: Where can I obtain JB-King patch files?
A: Unfortunately we cannot host JB-King patch files on this website, however they are easily obtainable through the search facility provided on the Game Patches page.
Q: What are the requirements for using JB-King?
A: In order to use JB-King, you MUST have a PS3 running firmware v3.55 or lower. If your PS3 is running a firmware version higher than 3.55 then you must first downgrade your PS3 via other means (such as hardware downgrade, please refer elsewhere for further information).
Q: What is the general procedure for getting 3.6+ games running on a 3.55 CFW PS3 with JB-King?
A: The procedure is as follows:
1) Download and install the JB-King 3.55 CFW (custom firmware) on your PS3. The JB-King CFW is required in order to allow the JB-King dongle to function with your PS3
2) Obtain dumps of your 3.6+ PS3 games using PS3 backup managers or other methods
3) Obtain JB-King game patches corresponding to the game dumps you have, and install these patches over the top of your game dumps. The patched game dumps should be stored either on your PS3's internal HDD or an external USB HDD
4) Insert the JB-King dongle into your PS3 and turn on the console. Once the PS3 has finished booting, you may then launch your favourite backup manager (such as Multiman) and from there select your JB-King patched games
Q: There is no JB-King patch available for my favourite game XYZ, can I still play it with JB-King?
A: Unfortunately, you will need to wait until a JB-King patch is available. The JB-King team monitors various web forums, so if there is a title you want to play then make a post on a PS3 related forum requesting the game. We will most likely see your post and do our best to release a patch as soon as possible.
JBK Reset Patch 2.3 Upgrade (CRC: F06B0D4D)
JB-King user, pls don't upgrade with TrueBlue V2.4 firmware, it may cause upgrade error and be unusable.
If upgrade with TB2.4 wrong, don't worry, pls download and run special repair patch "JBK reset patch 2.3_upgrade.dfu" from JB-King official website www.jb-king.com, it can recovery your JB-King to default settings and work normally. With upgrade in the future, JB-King can be perfectly compatible with the latest TB 2.4 released games. Pls be assured that use of JB-King.
1. Default setting JB-King, can not run special BD-R games, pls proceed with upgrading "upgrade 20111220.dfu", all functions of TB2.3 can be work normally.
2. With strong hardware design, JB-King won't be unusable caused by upgrade TB 2.4 wrong. More important and mysterious function will be released, being expecting!