22w ago - Following up on their previous PS3 DEX update, Italian PlayStation 3 developer Rancid (o) of PS3ITA has made available Install Fake BDEmu PKG alongside a usage guide below on how to create and emulate Dummy BDEmu for those using a PS3 DEX CFW console with a broken BD player.
The Dummy BDEmu occupies only 2MB on your USB device, then after you can partition the remaining space as you want.
To quote, roughly translated: How to Create and Emulate Dummy_BDEmu Your BD Player Broke on CFW DEX Tutorial
In this tutorial PS3ITA will guide you with all the necessary steps to achieve the "dummy_bdemu" directly from the console. This procedure is useful to all users who use a CFW DEX (debug / test) on a console that has the blu-ray disc broken or simply for those who do not want to wear the player's lens for intensive use.
In fact, the "dummy_bdemu" is to appear on the XMB icon BD player despite the absence of the disc, increasing, therefore, the compatibility of our backups are initiated by the backup manager multiMAN.
Below is a comprehensive guide designed, documented and tested in detail on CFW 4.21 PS3ITA DEX:
Disclaimer: Attention! PS3ITA assumes no liability arising from incorrect use of these procedures and for any damage that the console could suffer. Use the procedure at your own risk!
Disclaimer 2: Warning! PS3ITA not instigates and does not support piracy in any way, the procedure is posted only to illustrate the operation of the emulator of BD player in a console for DEX then start the games legally purchased!
Part 1:Guidance on the preparation.
Console (NOR \ NAND) with any CFW DEX (the entire tutorial was tested on CFW 4.21 PS3ITA DEX)
A usb stick formatted in FAT32 with at least 3mb available
(If you prefer you can do before a disk partition using a PC, consider that this key will be connected to the console every time you want to emulate the BD player)
PKG Install_Fake_BDEmu be installed on a console with DEX cfw:
Part 2:Creating the "dummy_bdemu."
Step 1. Download the PKG Install_Fake_BDEmu
Step 2. Enter PKG just downloaded into your USB stick formatted in FAT32:
Step 3. Enter the same usb stick formatted in FAT32 into the USB port of your console and install the PKG from (XMB) -> (Game) -> (Install Package Files):
NOTE: The following steps format your usb stick formatted in FAT32 in a format recognized only by your debug console and not a PC, this will take only 3mb of total capacity, if you want to go ahead and make the first partition a disc using a PC
IMPORTANT: After the first run of PKG you should not delete it. E 'can recover formatted data on your USB stick when started for the second time ... the choice is yours!
Step 4. Choose your USB stick formatted in FAT32 (this usb stick must always remain connected to your console every time you want to emulate the BD player), put it in the far right of the console port:
Step 5. Start now PKG "Install Fake BDEmu"
Step 6. After refreshing the console you will notice that your pen drive is no longer recognized as a removable disk (procedure performed correctly) and the application "Install Fake BDEmu" has turned into "Remove Fake BDEmu (second confirmation of procedure performed correctly):
NOTE: From now on your USB stick is formatted in a format recognized only by your debug console (with certain settings) and not from a PC.
IMPORTANT: You should not delete the application "Remove Fake BDEmu" if you want to recover formatted data on your USB pen ... the choice is yours!
Part 3:Debug settings and use the emulator.
Step 1. Go to (XMB) -> (Settings) -> (Debug Settings) -> (Blu-ray Disc Access) and set "BD Emulator (USB)":
Step 2. Then go to (XMB) -> (Settings) -> (Debug Settings) -> (Transfer Rate Pacing for BD Emulator) and set "HDD Native"
Step 3. Now for the changes to turn off the console and paying particular attention to leave the usb stick into the port on the right (the one previously formatted USB stick from the "Install Fake BDEmu", see Part 2 to Step 4).
Step 4. Check that your BD player is properly emulated (XMB) -> (Game):
Try to start well, as standard procedure, a backup of your game (also from external hdd) through multiMAN ... you will notice that the backup has been successfully emulated icon of your BD player in turn also emulated above (despite the absence of a disc inserted in the drive)!
Before you turn on the console, remember to always insert into the USB port further to the right the usb stick created to emulate the player (if inserted after power will not be recognized).
At a later time if you do not want to emulate your reader with this pen usb remember to reset it with the application "Remove Fake BDEmu" to restore any of the data originally present on the USB stick.
When you do not emulate your reader with this pen usb remember that you have altered settings 2 Debug (see Step 1 and Step 2 Part 3), check whether to restore or not.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
To quote, roughly translated: Following the latest developments, PS3ITA is pleased to present a new version of CFW 4.21 PS3ITA DEX (debug). This update, accompanied by PKG external Ps3ita Loader introduces a modified core with the ability to customize your choice to integrate some flag or not.
In practice, after installing the CFW, each user can choose with ease, such as extra feature, the console should start automatically during the ignition phase.
The changes introduced in 4.21 CFW PS3ITA DEX v2.2 are:
1. Spoof firmware 4.40.
2. IDPS All Change region 4.21 is now integrated in the fw and runs automatically during boot the console, there is no need to start it manually after every boot. To log on to the PSN simply log in as you were on an ordinary OFW.
3. Sys_init_osd.self New, allows the start of our core (ps3itald.self) during boot the console. IMPORTANT: all credits for this go to sys_init_osd Miralatijera we just added a little bit (to make it boot faster) and brought patches to the nost cfw, ps3itald.self instead is a creation of our team. The core ps3itald.self is easily customizable thanks to PKG ps3ita loader.
4. Fixed bug that did not allow the boot cd / dvd original PS2 PS3 backwards compatible.
5. Vsh Patch magazines, ReactPsn now works perfectly.
6. 0x80022D74 0x80022D11 Fix for errors relating to the trophies, in some cases after a downgrade by service mode was returned one of these errors and was forced to leave the game.
How to proceed with the installation of the CFW:
1. Sure you have a console with CFW / OFW DEX (Debug) version 3.55/4.21.
2. Strictly Install the Firmware Downgrader 3.55 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssvnpk90edt63fa/PS3UPDAT.PUP)
3. PS3ITA Install CFW 4.21 DEX v2.2.
Through the program ps3ita loader you can manage the core ps3itald.self and add / remove functions that will be performed automatically boot the console .. (I think many of you will appreciate the "install_new_idps" allows you to permanently change your console id with one of your choice ...).
How does Ps3ita Loader:
1. Ps3ita Copy the folder in the root of the USB stick.
2. Move the flag you want to install from the / ps3ita / NOT_ACTIVE in / ps3ita. (Flags are simple text files, and inside they explained their function).
3. Insert the USB stick into the port on the right of the PS3.
4. Install the pkg "ps3ita_loader" and run it. If something goes wrong, the LED turns red, otherwise fine. A log file in / dev_usb000/ps3ita cmq will be created to verify if all the steps have taken place correctly.
5. New features are now active.
I thank the entire team and especially PS3ITA Rancid (o) which followed / carried out the entire project.
I am new to this forum, So first my regards to all of you. Now to my point, I have a slim 120gb on rogero 4.30. I download games, two of my games are not working properly
1. Kingdom of Amalur- It loads the game and does show the videos up till the part where it starts to go to the main menu. before loading the main menu it goes black and a white circle in the middle of the screen spins showing that its loading. However, it never loads and stays in that state. This is my second download the other one did the same thing although they are different torrents (not the same game torrent).
2. RE6- Now this is a bit different, it starts the game but only loads the second part of the game where Leon and the girl are fallen on the ground and the helli is firing at them. I tried and found a different torrent for this one as well but the second one did the same.
Now please if anyone knows how to fix this, then please share your knowledge with me.
If this is not the right place to post this problem in, this accept my apology for my mistake.
hello since I've installed this iris manager for cfw 4.21 Ita DEX and most of my games to run the screen freezes and I have to restart the ps3, does anyone but this happens? What I can do? I'm interested in the manager at big split 4gb files