232w ago - OK, do you remember the OLD PS3 Backup Tool? I've updated it, and now you can successfully write mixed backups on your PS3.
The new method mixes not all parts like before, but only half. Doing so, the PS3 recognizes the backup and restore, not only the "Integral" part, but even the part (50%) you added.
So the new formula is:
archive.dat + archive_XX.dat = INJECTOR
archive2.dat + archive2_XX.dat = DATA TO WRITE
You need the INJECTOR to begin the Write process. If you don't add Archive2.dat to your backup the PS3 writes the INJECTOR only. You need to create yourself the INJECTOR, in fact, it's unique for backups. If you have an old INJECTOR you can use it.
Here's a video demonstrating the process, with a guide below:
== HOW TO ==
1) Switch on your PS3
2) Go to Settings -> System Settings -> Backup
3) Connect a USB Drive or a Memory Stick to PS3
4) Select it in Backup utility
5) Make a Backup
6) Copy it to your Desktop
7) Delete backup from the USB Device or Memory Stick
8) Connect it to the PS3
9) Delete something in your PS3 (To make backup smaller)
10) Backup again and copy the 2nd backup to your desktop
11) Delete backup from the USB Device or Memory Stick
Now you have 2 different backups on your desktop.
1) Copy archive2.dat and archive2_00.dat from the bigger backup to the smaller one (see picture below).
2) Copy the Mixed (Bigger + Smaller) backup to a USB Drive or Memory Stick in:
(XXXXXXXXXXXX is the number of your backup)
3) Restore the Mixed backup from your PS3 (Go to Settings -> System Settings -> Backup -> Restore)
4) Once restore is complete, your PS3 has the files from the two Backup in HDD.
That means the PS3 writes files in the HDD, even if the backup is mixed with another. That can be useful in further hacking when you need to write a file in a directory, for example the Game directory.
100% Working (Giulio19992)
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
i dont see why the ps3 isnt hacked yet if we can mix hdd data from different ps3s without problems oO... am i missing something?
I mean, for example, if Giulio had the GameX Addon and wanted to share it with the world wide web, hed set up a clean ps3, with only the GameX Addon installed. Then he'd backup the HDD and upload the backup somewhere to the internet to share it with whoever...
Now if someone downloaded it and backed up his ps3 and mixed his ps3 backup with the downloaded one containing the GameX Addon, creating the new modified-backup. Then hed just play that modified backup back on his ps3 and hed have GameX Addon, just like Giulio... right?
i guess thatd be just too easy ... xD.. and someone would've thought of it i guess too. So tell me where am i wrong?
I'm not sure I see what the point is. You made two separate backups off your PS3. You copied some of the files from backup A to backup B and those were restored when you restored backup B.
What exactly does this get you? Okay so you can combine backups together, but you have no idea what you are actually combining. Even if you could determine what you are combining together, I still don't see how this is useful since most items on the PS3 can be backed up and restored manually. Actually unless you are frequently deleting things off your PS3 and then backing up, it's pretty useless.