232w ago - OK, do you remember the OLD PS3 Backup Tool? I've updated it, and now you can successfully write mixed backups on your PS3.
The new method mixes not all parts like before, but only half. Doing so, the PS3 recognizes the backup and restore, not only the "Integral" part, but even the part (50%) you added.
So the new formula is:
archive.dat + archive_XX.dat = INJECTOR
archive2.dat + archive2_XX.dat = DATA TO WRITE
You need the INJECTOR to begin the Write process. If you don't add Archive2.dat to your backup the PS3 writes the INJECTOR only. You need to create yourself the INJECTOR, in fact, it's unique for backups. If you have an old INJECTOR you can use it.
Here's a video demonstrating the process, with a guide below:
== HOW TO ==
1) Switch on your PS3
2) Go to Settings -> System Settings -> Backup
3) Connect a USB Drive or a Memory Stick to PS3
4) Select it in Backup utility
5) Make a Backup
6) Copy it to your Desktop
7) Delete backup from the USB Device or Memory Stick
8) Connect it to the PS3
9) Delete something in your PS3 (To make backup smaller)
10) Backup again and copy the 2nd backup to your desktop
11) Delete backup from the USB Device or Memory Stick
Now you have 2 different backups on your desktop.
1) Copy archive2.dat and archive2_00.dat from the bigger backup to the smaller one (see picture below).
2) Copy the Mixed (Bigger + Smaller) backup to a USB Drive or Memory Stick in:
(XXXXXXXXXXXX is the number of your backup)
3) Restore the Mixed backup from your PS3 (Go to Settings -> System Settings -> Backup -> Restore)
4) Once restore is complete, your PS3 has the files from the two Backup in HDD.
That means the PS3 writes files in the HDD, even if the backup is mixed with another. That can be useful in further hacking when you need to write a file in a directory, for example the Game directory.
100% Working (Giulio19992)
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Wish i could help, but i am waiting for something like this before i invest in harddrives (sony if u want to make harddrives i will buy them... nice helpful circle ). Should be easy to get someone to send those files tho. Hmm maybe i will try using a thumb drive and send something to u, a demo maybe?
Well I've tried with 2 console sharing backup each other and it works. Off course I can't try with all PS3s out there, but for most cases it should work. Can someone give me a Backup file? (archive2.dat, archive2_00.dat) I can try, even just a free game from PSN like MGS4 DB.
What you said is exactly what I was visioning Giulio19992 to do. However, I think the problem some of the people are having with this is we're not sure if we CAN mix HDD data from different PS3s considering we're only allowed to back-up data from our own PS3s.
Giulio19992, can you confirm if you can mix something from one PS3 (say an add-on) and mix it with data to another PS3?