1. First, you must register an account with XLink at http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/signup.php. You don't have to fill out all details, only * are important.
2. Then, download XLink Kai which is in http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/downloads.php/ and simply run the installer.
3. Here comes the difficult part, which is forwarding your port. It is quite different depending on the type of your router. By default, its usually goes at 192.168.1.1. You must login and go into the port forwarding section. See how to port forward your router below:
4. Just set protocol to "both" (UDP & TCP) and the port from 30000 to 34522 then save and apply.
5. Now run the Xlink Kai Evolution VII program, if your are running Windows 7 right click -> properties -> run in Windows Xp SP2 and check run as administrator. (Click allow if there is any prompt window about firewall)
6. This time, it should open up a configuration page. Simply entering your username and password from the XLink account you have created before, also check application GUI if it is set into the web GUI. This is optional as it will have an easier navigation.
7. Click the green arrow to login (If your not already logged into XLink), power on your Jailbroken PS3 console and you should get a DNS Error on startup. You don't have to worry about this as it is normal.
8. Finally, click on the magnify glass with the folder icon below the "?". If it says "PS2/PS3 is configured successfully" , I must congratulate you as you are now connected to XLink and can host LAN parties.
Supported PS3 Games For This Method:
• Call of Duty 4
• Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
• Call of Duty W@W
• Condemned 2
• OFP Dragon Rising
• Rainbow Six Vegas
• The Darkness
• Unreal Tournament 3
• Armored Core 4
• Blazing Angels 2
• DiRT 2
• F1 2010
• Formula 1 Championship
• H.A.W.X 2
• Dark Sector
• Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
• Kane & Lynch Dead Man
• Red Dead Redemption
• Red Fraction Guerrilla
• Saints Row 2
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
spot on, i used kai for years under xbox, xbox 360 n some ps stuff. its a great tool once setup, only downside is it can only play games with system link options as mentioned above and unlike the psn there isn't always people online every hour of the day playing the same game as you. prob best for guys on here meeting up or playing with your m8s.
They can't add support that is not there. I have known many of the guys on the Kai team for years. It is a "tunnel" that emulates LAN gaming. So if the game has a system link option it should work fine over Kai. If there is no system link option, it will never work on Kai...