To quote: Today, we get word of a new amazing and very useful app called gameDATA tool, released by developer andbey0nd.
Also we hear from the Dev that this handy app should also work for 3.41 users.
GameDATA app for PS3:
Allows the user to switch location of [game data] between internal HDD and first external USB HDD
Allows to install PSN games (or any application/pkg) to external USB HDD
Allows to get back to normal mode when you use "Ext. Game Data" option in multiMAN
Allows saving space on internal HDD
How to use after you install gameDATA.pkg:
Make sure that no payloads are loaded (do a clean PS3 restart).
1) If you wish to install stuff to external USB - launch the app from "Game Data Mode: [HDD]"
2) You're now in USB MODE (the icon will change to USB device with "Game Data Mode: [USB]" title
3) Install PSN games or launch games - their data will go to the external USB HDD/stick
4) Play your PSN (or disc) games from external USB device
5) Once you're done with the game, either reboot your PS3 or launch the "Game Data Mode: [USB]" to get back to normal mode
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
i installed the .pkg and when i go to the application it says Game Data Mode[USB], when i click it to run it,it changes to Game Data Mode[HDD] and i cant play any game cause all the apps or games become unrecognized... how does this actually works?
can someone be more specific? i mean, i have a lot of .pkg installed in my internal (over 50 gb) and of course i want to transfer them to my 2TB external... is that possible and how?any help will be appreciated...
i haven't tried it yet, but there shouldn't be the usual 4gb+ limit? there are no psn games/applications with such big files? and for who has tried it, once you close the psn game can you go back and start multiman or other games without rebooting? because if you try the external data option in multiman the only way to use other programs (that are not on the external hdd) is to reboot the ps3... quite annoying...