To quote: Today, we get word of a new amazing and very useful app called gameDATA tool, released by developer andbey0nd.
Also we hear from the Dev that this handy app should also work for 3.41 users.
GameDATA app for PS3:
Allows the user to switch location of [game data] between internal HDD and first external USB HDD
Allows to install PSN games (or any application/pkg) to external USB HDD
Allows to get back to normal mode when you use "Ext. Game Data" option in multiMAN
Allows saving space on internal HDD
How to use after you install gameDATA.pkg:
Make sure that no payloads are loaded (do a clean PS3 restart).
1) If you wish to install stuff to external USB - launch the app from "Game Data Mode: [HDD]"
2) You're now in USB MODE (the icon will change to USB device with "Game Data Mode: [USB]" title
3) Install PSN games or launch games - their data will go to the external USB HDD/stick
4) Play your PSN (or disc) games from external USB device
5) Once you're done with the game, either reboot your PS3 or launch the "Game Data Mode: [USB]" to get back to normal mode
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Hmm, my bad. It said nothing about the game compatibility (in the new version) but you can certainly try and see if it works with Driver San Francisco. Maybe the games didn't work because they contain files larger than 4GB+.
I know this is to install pkg's to external because I have the previows (1st) version and some games don't work from the external with that version... What I wan't to know is if with this second version more games are now working from external?
Here is a compatibility list of Game data tool version 1: ps3iso.com/ps3-tutorials/91139-compatibility.html#post443454
I've tried driver san francisco and didn't work too (with version 1).