163w ago - Previously it was reported that shinhalsafar started work on an FCEU NES emulator port for PlayStation 3, and today Robo Hobo has shared a WIP of his Nestopia (NES emulator) and Gambatte (Gameboy Color emulator) PS3 ports for JailBroken consoles.
Note: When upgrading do not delete your old version, it will delete any savegames you've made. Just choose install package, when it tells you the current version is already installed just tell it to install anyway.
• Settings are remembered between sessions
• Option to underscan output, up to 10% for nestopia and 50% for gambatte
• Option to enable Vsync and Linear Filtering(to reduce scaling artifacts, in exchange for blurriness)
• Maybe fixed sound, maybe not
• Added great NES icon from fraser0206 at psx-scene, thanks
• Save games and save states in nestopia
• Fast Forward, Hold R2 to go at 4x speed
• Fixed the Exit Game option from the PS3 menu, it no longer restarts the system
• File list tweaks, removed the . and .. entries(use Circle to go up a directory). Holding cross no longer trys to down more than one directory.
• VSync is still disabled
• Supports Game Boy Mono and Game Boy Color
• Supports zip
• Press right stick to open menu, circle to exit menu
• Opening menu causes sound problems
• Press L3 + L1 to save state, L3 + R1 to load
• All saves are placed in the game folder
• No zip support
• Not really ready for anything
• Press right stick to exit
• No saving or loading
• Package uses same 'icon' as gambatte
• Adding various settings.
• Load new game without exiting emulator.
• Overscan workaround for those with issues.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!