152w ago - Today Bhaal has made available FwAutoPatch software for Windows, developed by anonymous and aimed to help in the making of PS3 firmware including adding new functions.
Download: FwAutoPatch for PS3
To quote, roughly translated:
• Unrar/Decompress file
• Download FW 3.55 Official and copy it in the folder: FirmOfficiel
• Download Patch "PS3UPDAT.PUP.bsdiff", rename it PS3UPDAT.PUP et copy it in the Patch folder
• Download CFW 3.55 GeoHot, rename it PS3UPDAT.PUP and copy it in the GeoHot folder
• Run FWAutoPatch.exe
• Click on "Tester les fichiers" (Test the files) to make a Checksum of the firmware.
• If the files are OK, a second button will appear and enable to launch the making of the patched firmware. When we click on this button, it will create a firmware and test the checksum and it will validate it or not.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
I have created a custom firmware that after the program finish to create it you can find it in the fwautopatch folder i read that :
1. you install it from that folder by putting the file in the directory's PS3 then UPDATE folder and the file with the name PS3UPDAT.PUP.
2. when you put the pendrive in the console and look for the system update and then update via Storage Media.
3. the update is saying that is version 3.55 and not 3.55jb(?) after the process is complited the custom firmware is installed, but then you dont see any diference in the console.
1. the console can take another custom firmware like the kakaroto custom fw?
2. this custom install only leave open the console for psjailbreak or something similar?
3. is there anyway to install another custom update without the psjailbreak or similar devices?
To Install a custom firmware in safemode this is the steps, after installing the cfautopatch with no homebrew folder. put the usb in your ps3, make sure it recognises it. then, leave your usb in and turn off the ps3. then leave your finger on and turn it on again untill it once again turns off. do the same again, however, wait till your hear 1 beep, then 2 beeps in succession. This will then put your ps3 in "Recovery Mode"
Simply scroll down to "System Update" and follow the instructions! Done!
Android OS is Linux I suppose you could make a version of it to run on PS3. Source code for iOS is not released so will never run.
No that is not true, you can't run wine on it as the cpu is not x86 architecture so it will be like the old macs how you couldn't run it.
You won't be able to run Flash under Linux due to different cpu architecture. You could still browse youtube in html5 mode though. I think youtube got rid of their 3D glasses feature but i'm not 100% sure, would have to look it up.
Yeah this will be possible down the track when we can make the XMB autoboot into something. You know it doesn't cost to add cheat codes? Kinect homebrew will run from Linux no prob bro.
They had the keys, but not to metldr. Geohot found a way to exploit the metldr and get the keys using a method similar to failoverflow's method
Firmware is not region specific. Get the firmware here: http://dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net/update/ps3/image/us/2010_1207_ca595ad9f3af8f1491d9c9b6921a8c61/PS3UPDAT.PUP
Bottom line is that EGOhot fell for the BAIT placed by failoverflow. You gotta be an idiot to think that they never had the root keys all along, they knew they couldn't publish it so they let EGOhot do it, such a smart guy yet so stupid hope he makes it through this in one piece I need my verizon iPhone ruby rained yeah that's right ruby rain is the verizon iPhone jailbreak ruby red just like verizons logo.
Eventually every thing gets reversed and it is a constant game of cat and mouse. When these protection schemes are developed it is developed knowing it will last only a shot time, but it was estimated that by Sep 2010 the ps3 would get fully reversed and that time table and design objective was met by lasting about 5 years.
They are just using these people to place blame when it is was and always will inevitably be reverse engineered eventually. A cluster of ps3s were used to reverse ssl encryption in 2008. one more example is cell phones. They are rooted rather quickly which also increases hardware sales but proves a point. Nothing is unbreakable. nothing lasts forever, and they were lucky as heck to have lasted this long. I think a round of drinks is in order at that point. $0xx will keep fighting with a group of fierce legal teams of starving out of work lawyers that will say and do anything for a job.
And they have too, They have an obligation to their stock holders to sick the lawyers on em as fast as they can. Its sad that most of this could have been avoided by keeping linux in the first place. ow well. Time will tell. lets hope the legal system in California doesn't get pluged up because of this temporary restraining order. Dang and all the listed companies in the complaint are in Cal too. Thanks $0xx for slowing down the court system but protecting our share holdings. People lose either way, sad...