162w ago - Just under a week ago Heden of PS3 scene release group DeLiGhT'2010 released some PS3 Scene Intros, and today he has released Force_Package_NPDRM v1.0 for PS3 JailBreak users followed by Force_Package_NPDRM v1.50 + PSN_Package_NPDRM v1.00 with changes detailed HERE along with a PSN Package NPDRM PDF Guide.
This tool is a modded version of SONY's "MAKE_PACKAGE_NPDRM"
• It enables the repackaging of gamez into a .PKG file
• It only works (for the moment) with internal games (ie. PSN games)
• Still the problem of licence (act.dat) to run the game on another PS3
What FORCE_PACKAGE_NPDRM does :
• It prints the "extended" help of the original version ;-)
• It packages YOUR EBOOT.BIN
• It repackages files even if they are already DRM'ed :
• SELF files
• SPRX files
• EDATA files
What it will do later :
• It will package the TROPHY directory (in the root of the game)
• It will package an entire BD games keeping its associated structure
First create the following structure:
• Original EBOOT.BIN renamed to whatever you want
• YOUR EBOOT.BIN (SELF file)
Your EBOOT.BIN must launch the original EBOOT.BIN (ie. GAME.BIN) ("sys_game_process_exitspawn2" instruction is not yet very stable)
Future DeLiGhT's releases will include in the EBOOT.BIN:
• On the fly patching (LV2) to run games (no need of a specific payload with the exception of PEEK and POKE syscalls)
• Ability to launch games from XMB / Dashboard (much more tricky ;-))
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
So I'm just pissin' around inside my system and figured I'd attempt to back everything up that I wanted to keep (deleted all my crap first, then backed-up all that showed in dev_hddo). The formatted my HD, I know I know.
Attempting to reinstall my PSN Game Downloads, like Cuboid and Sudoku, I've managed to repack them into .pkg's using the force_repackage tool. Installed them, etc. But they wouldn't boot from XMB, swapped the eboot.bin the package installed with my backed-up version, and voila! It tells me I can play it if I renew the license.
Only catch, I'm running on 28k dial-up here in Alaska, and can't connect to PSN.
I believe the issue is with the "k_licensee" of the SFO config file... does anyone know where I might find this in my backups to USB?
I'd like to get a couple of these games working again...