160w ago - Just under a week ago Heden of PS3 scene release group DeLiGhT'2010 released some PS3 Scene Intros, and today he has released Force_Package_NPDRM v1.0 for PS3 JailBreak users followed by Force_Package_NPDRM v1.50 + PSN_Package_NPDRM v1.00 with changes detailed HERE along with a PSN Package NPDRM PDF Guide.
This tool is a modded version of SONY's "MAKE_PACKAGE_NPDRM"
• It enables the repackaging of gamez into a .PKG file
• It only works (for the moment) with internal games (ie. PSN games)
• Still the problem of licence (act.dat) to run the game on another PS3
What FORCE_PACKAGE_NPDRM does :
• It prints the "extended" help of the original version ;-)
• It packages YOUR EBOOT.BIN
• It repackages files even if they are already DRM'ed :
• SELF files
• SPRX files
• EDATA files
What it will do later :
• It will package the TROPHY directory (in the root of the game)
• It will package an entire BD games keeping its associated structure
First create the following structure:
• Original EBOOT.BIN renamed to whatever you want
• YOUR EBOOT.BIN (SELF file)
Your EBOOT.BIN must launch the original EBOOT.BIN (ie. GAME.BIN) ("sys_game_process_exitspawn2" instruction is not yet very stable)
Future DeLiGhT's releases will include in the EBOOT.BIN:
• On the fly patching (LV2) to run games (no need of a specific payload with the exception of PEEK and POKE syscalls)
• Ability to launch games from XMB / Dashboard (much more tricky ;-))
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
is it possible to repackage and run successful retail disc games?
i made a pkg with force-npdrm of the retail game dark sector pal. of course i had to use the debug eboot to repack but it worked. i set hdd game install to sfo and all, but if i install and run it it goes only to the screen where the script says game data install but no background image and no progress. i can open the menu and return to xmb but then the screen gets black and my ps3 beeps and then reboots. is it because hdd games don't need game data install? i have no official psn game.