- Just under a month ago we reported
on an SNES emulator for PS3 under GameOS, and today PSGroove reports that work has started on an FCEU NES emulator port for PlayStation 3 JailBreak users as well!
For those unaware, FCEU (previously known as FCE Ultra) is an open source Nintendo Entertainment System and Family Computer Disk System emulator.
To quote: According to google code
, it seems a user by the name of shinhalsafar
has begun work on an NES emulator for the PS3.
The project seems to be less than 24 hours old, so it may take some time before something playable is released. However, we look forward to seeing what shinhalsafar has to offer.
• initial commit
• fceu codebase added
• Makefile ready
• pkg directory made
• basic main routine setup to start cell calls
• compiles but no NES emulation yet.
• this build no longer compiles. half way into getting fceu to compile properly.
• added utils (unzip and 7zip)
• Makefile attempts to compile all fceu code base now
• a lot of small changes to get this compiling.
• removed the lua code from fceu, will never need this