- Here is a new build of FBANext r423 Custom v3 PS3 MC68000/Z80 Arcade Emulator which now includes a big lag reduction among the changes and fixes outlined below.
Download: FBANext r423 Custom v3 PS3 Emulator
/ [Register or Login to view links]
FBANext PS3 - r423 - Custom - v3
WHAT'S CHANGED SINCE V2:
- Big reduction in lag - also a far more stable FPS as a result of this (due to elimination of virtual function call overhead when a class would inherit from a base class with virtual functions). You will notice the biggest improvements with fighting games for CPS2/CPS3 - but overall all games should benefit from this.
- A new shader - tv-highcontrast-HD. This basically mimics the look of a high-end CRT monitor. Set 'Hardware Filter' to Linear and select a resolution lower than or equal to 1440x1080 to get the best results (if you have triple buffering on - else it's 960x1080 or lower for best results)
- Fixed: A hang/freeze would occur after selecting a shader and then changing the resolution.
- Fixed: You can now go back and forwards in the list when selecting a shader - press Left to go back one entry in the shader list, and press Right to go forward.
As ever, I've included the diff file along with the pkg in the zip file. This includes all the patches I've done since the commit of r423 on Google Code. There will be a new release of SNES9x shortly with similar lag reduction (by doing the same thing - getting rid of virtual function call overhead).
This has proven to be a big win so far - the only thing so far that has actually shown a substantial improvement/difference while trying out several PPC in-order optimization 'tricks'.