To quote, roughly translated: The emulator FBANext (based on the source code of the final burn) has just updated his PS3 version, and therefore passes in review R438.
Remember that these are interim releases, which may contain still lots of bugs.
As a reminder, this is a multi-console emulator, that is to say, he is able to emulate our beloved PS3 consoles following:
Sega System 16 (and similar systems), System 18, X-Board, Y-Board
Sega Megadrive (the savestates are not supported)
Place your roms in the folder: / dev_hdd0/game/FBAN00000/USRDIR/roms /
The first time you launch FBAnext, a file-fbanext ps3.xml will be generated. Ce fichier stock vos options. This file your stock options.
If you want to change the path of your roms, edit fbanext-ps3.xml.
.Zip/.7z/.rar Extensions are supported.
L2 + R1 + R2 Break / Back to menu
R3 Service Mode
L3 Current Reset Rom
FBANext PS3 R438:
Added macros input (x3 Punch/x3 Kick etc.)
FBANext PS3 R435:
Some minor performance improvements and reduced lag (CPS3/Sega System 16) other drivers may also show similar improvements.
Fixed bug when switching to widescreen on the game Street Fighter III: Second Impact
The navigation D-pad moves one position down / up as before.
DIP switches now configurable in the menu in-game.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
The PS3 developers at French site Logic-Sunrise have been hard at work with the FBANext port for the PS3, and today they shared some screenshots with a list of features to the be implemented.
They also said in the coming weeks they are going to release a working Beta with full 1080p support and 60fps like with the XBox 360 port.
To quote, roughly translated: And now, the job development are continuous way, and it is now fifteen SPF obtained by running the CPS2 ROMS.
A first beta of FBAnext PS3 will be presented in a few weeks time to make the emulator playable, with a target of 60FPS in 1080p, like its counterpart 360.
Place the screenshots, and arm yourself with a little patience for the first release rears its nose.
- Support for Roma Capcom CPS-1
- Support for Roma Capcom CPS-2
- Support for Roma Capcom CPS-3
- Support for Roma Cave
- Support the Neo Geo roms
- Support for Roma Sega System 16 (and similar systems), System 18, X-Board, Y-Board
- Support for Roma Toaplan
- Support for Roma Taito 68k
- Support for Roma Psikyo 68EC020/SH2
- Support for Roma PGM
- Support for Roma Konami
- Support for Sega Megadrive roms (savestates are not supported)
- Support of Other Roma (as the creator liked)
- Support comlete sound and graphics
- Supports Multiplayers (1 to 4)
- 100% speed, with most graphics filters
- Supports savestates
- Ease of use through a simple interface
- Support for almost 3000 Roma
- Support for screenshots Titles and Previews
- Roms filterable
- 13 filters graphics software
- 2 filters graphics hardware
- Aspect Ratio Function
- Support for Dip Switch
- Configurable joystick Buttons
- Source code available
- Supports 16 / 9 Street Fighter 3.2 (CPS3)