The PS3 developers at French site Logic-Sunrise have been hard at work with the FBANext port for the PS3, and today they shared some screenshots with a list of features to be implemented.
They also said in the coming weeks they are going to release a working Beta with full 1080p support and 60fps like with the XBox 360 port.
To quote, roughly translated: And now, the job development are continuous way, and it is now fifteen SPF obtained by running the CPS2 ROMS.
A first beta of FBAnext PS3 will be presented in a few weeks time to make the emulator playable, with a target of 60FPS in 1080p, like its counterpart 360.
Place the screenshots, and arm yourself with a little patience for the first release rears its nose.
• Support for Roma Capcom CPS-1
• Support for Roma Capcom CPS-2
• Support for Roma Capcom CPS-3
• Support for Roma Cave
• Support the Neo Geo roms
• Support for Roma Sega System 16 (and similar systems), System 18, X-Board, Y-Board
• Support for Roma Toaplan
• Support for Roma Taito 68k
• Support for Roma Psikyo 68EC020/SH2
• Support for Roma PGM
• Support for Roma Konami
• Support for Sega Megadrive roms (savestates are not supported)
• Support of Other Roma (as the creator liked)
• Support comlete sound and graphics
• Supports Multiplayers (1 to 4)
• 100% speed, with most graphics filters
• Supports savestates
• Ease of use through a simple interface
• Support for almost 3000 Roma
• Support for screenshots Titles and Previews
• Roms filterable
• 13 filters graphics software
• 2 filters graphics hardware
• Aspect Ratio Function
• Support for Dip Switch
• Configurable joystick Buttons
• Source code available
• Supports 16 / 9 Street Fighter 3.2 (CPS3)
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
What version of fbanext do you have? I think mine is version r492 & all metal slug games, so far, have been working just fine. Since these are neo-geo games, make sure you have the right neo-geobios.zip (1.3+ mb ver.) placed in the same folder as your metal slug games. Or you can download the newer retroarch 0.9.7 emulator since neo-geo games runs well on them too.
Thank you very much for the advice friend. Greatly appreciate it. Here's hoping that someone could provide me the link to where I can download the r492 version 'coz I can only find the r490. I'm sure there are also others like me w/ the same problem & would be very happy if they could also download the r492 version. Again, I say thank you.
This has to do with the a bug in the FBANext emulator. Most versions of it have problems if the roms folder located in the game/FBAN000000/something.xml (don't quite remember what it is right now off the top of my head, but the path should be right) isn't present, FBA will black screen. This happens from r439 on and gets fixed in r492 when they started using a text file instead of a xml file.
You can try to find a copy of r492 to fix the problem/make the path in the xml file or you can try the more up to date retroarch. Though I have a lot of problems loading FBANext/neogeo games on there without it hanging. All the other emulators are fine. Anyone else have this problem?