113w ago - Today the next wave of PS3 dongles has started, enter the Cobra USB from Max Louarn of Divineo / Supreme Factory, which features the ability to run Blu-ray, DVD and PS1 game iSOs and PSP Mini games from the PlayStation 3 hard drive.
The PS3 USB device is slated for release on April 11 and currently requires v3.41 PS3 Firmware, however, it can downgrade from PlayStation 3 Firmware v3.50 with the related PDF guides and files available HERE.
From their official site linked above, to quote:
Cobra USB - The Ultimate PS3 USB solution features:
• ** Blu Ray Movie region free functionality
• ** Allows you to play Blu Ray movie ISO's from HDD
• ** Allows you to play DVD movie ISO's from HDD
• ** Integrated support to play PS1 game ISO's from HDD
• ** Integrated support to play PSP mini games from HDD
• ** Enjoy PS3 games with files >4GB on external USB HDD
• Supports FAT and SLIM PS3 consoles any region
• Supports versions up to 3.50 (console must be running 3.41)
• Play PS3 games from internal HDD
• MCU firmware and flash firmware updatable using easy to use free PC updater
• First class customer support and free regular firmware upgrades
• No need to open your console, just plug and play
• High quality components and materials used throughout
• Unique and built from scratch Cobra USB manager featuring slick U.I. and customized options with easy navigation
• Actel based encryption engine onboard to prevent device cloning
• Fast onboard 2 Mbyte SPI flash for firmware storage
• High quality onboard MCU
• Easy mode selection via switch (PC update, PS3 downgrader, regular PS3 device mode)
• Downgrader functionality included free of charge, allowing users to upgrade firmware to and from 3.41 at will
• Multi lingual user interface (English, Spanish and French as standard with more languages to be supported later)
** = World's first implementation
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
I have tried to boot SwapMagic DVD 3.6 and of course it didn't work, it just kick me back to XMB. It would be great if someone can port the OSDSYS environment to the ps2_netemu (as was done for TN-V on PSVita). Instead games like Dark Cloud (PAL version) works perfectly.
multiMAN v04.20.04 Update (20130321) is now available from deank with the changes outlined below, as follows:
The online version of mM is updated to support 4.40CFW. Rogero/Rebug can use it to test their upcoming firmwares. It doesn't have lv2 mem protection patched in LV1, but other than that all the stuff is there: BD Movie region change, DYNAREC, payload, PSX backups, PS3 backups, etc.
LV1 patches are added, too. Now direct-disc-access should work too, ps1 disc-backups should work, along with everything else.
mM online version is now fully compatible with 4.40CFW. All tested on 4.40CFW and everything works. Here it is for those who want to test or to be prepared and ready:
Fatal frame 1,2,3
Final Fantasy (X, X-2, XII) Confirmed Working
Valkirie profile 2
Resident Evil outbreak (1,2)
Kingdom hearts 2
Silent Hill games (due to the original HD collection sucks)