113w ago - Today the next wave of PS3 dongles has started, enter the Cobra USB from Max Louarn of Divineo / Supreme Factory, which features the ability to run Blu-ray, DVD and PS1 game iSOs and PSP Mini games from the PlayStation 3 hard drive.
The PS3 USB device is slated for release on April 11 and currently requires v3.41 PS3 Firmware, however, it can downgrade from PlayStation 3 Firmware v3.50 with the related PDF guides and files available HERE.
From their official site linked above, to quote:
Cobra USB - The Ultimate PS3 USB solution features:
• ** Blu Ray Movie region free functionality
• ** Allows you to play Blu Ray movie ISO's from HDD
• ** Allows you to play DVD movie ISO's from HDD
• ** Integrated support to play PS1 game ISO's from HDD
• ** Integrated support to play PSP mini games from HDD
• ** Enjoy PS3 games with files >4GB on external USB HDD
• Supports FAT and SLIM PS3 consoles any region
• Supports versions up to 3.50 (console must be running 3.41)
• Play PS3 games from internal HDD
• MCU firmware and flash firmware updatable using easy to use free PC updater
• First class customer support and free regular firmware upgrades
• No need to open your console, just plug and play
• High quality components and materials used throughout
• Unique and built from scratch Cobra USB manager featuring slick U.I. and customized options with easy navigation
• Actel based encryption engine onboard to prevent device cloning
• Fast onboard 2 Mbyte SPI flash for firmware storage
• High quality onboard MCU
• Easy mode selection via switch (PC update, PS3 downgrader, regular PS3 device mode)
• Downgrader functionality included free of charge, allowing users to upgrade firmware to and from 3.41 at will
• Multi lingual user interface (English, Spanish and French as standard with more languages to be supported later)
** = World's first implementation
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Following up on the recent PS3UserCheat dongle hacking news, today PlayStation 3 developer zadow28 has updated his ongoing work with some reverse-engineering and payload development research on the DRM-infected Cobra PS3 USB dongle.
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?157zwqgt2nkp2t3 (77.33 MB) / http://www.mediafire.com/?fb1mg0j1d297ec7 (Mirror) / https://rapidshare.com/files/3740079375/Zadow_Cobra_Files.rar (Mirror) / http://www.mediafire.com/?g9yjiavizqxnyeg (350.88 KB - place these in the Cobra-USB_PS3_Updater_v1_0\CBUP43210\USRDIR directory) / http://www.mediafire.com/?aqzcvtbb93768wa (954.98 KB)
It's important to note that these files are not end-user friendly yet, work still needs to be done by those familiar with PS3 PPU / SPU coding in http://www.hex-rays.com/products/ida/support/download.shtml by other PlayStation 3 developers to further develop payloads for dongle-free PS3 scene solutions.
Finally, below are some recent related Tweets via Twitter (linked above), as follows:
If you cant uses the stuff i post carry on. as promised i post all i find compared to others. Like secrets Hens that work on 4.11
Its my findings regarding the cobra, lot off reversed, and decrypted. Shouldn't be any trouble porting this to any device
Ohh almost forgot one off the most important ones goes in the Cobra-USB_PS3_Updater_v1_0\CBUP43210\USRDIR
Don't think Dean is gonna be very happy.but but.
Just an little test off whats ill be sending tomorrow. will explain also there
Fixed rare issue causing mmOS to lock/stall when browsing /ps3_home subfolders
Added "Reset Desktop" option to mmOS home menu (resets icons positions and closes all windows)
Added "Set as Wallpaper" / "Restore Wallpaper" to mmOS context menu when single image (jpg/png) is selected; affects all display modes
Added better visualization when moving icons around the desktop with L3 (Windows alike)
Changed visualization of selected/hovered desktop icons (a bit slicker)
Cobra multiMAN mmOS / mmCM v04.03.02 PS3 update for those with the DRM dongle is below which includes bdRESET2 via deank which fixes the ability to mount app_home and get the disc icon back after TB users turn on their PS3 without having to eject / reinsert or run / exit multiMAN.
6 - 06 - 2012
Extended desktop content to 48 icons (6 system and 42 user defined); system icons cannot be moved/renamed/deleted
Added ability to arrange desktop icons - press L3 over an icon to move it to a free placeholder and then press L3 to place it
Fixed issue with playing/loading 2GB+ files with Showtime from /net_host or NTFS USB HDD (file wrongly cached to /dev_hdd1 when there isn't enough space there)
Fixed issue when USB.CFG is not present in USRDIR - now warning is issued when user enables PFS mode
Fixed loading of last open folders in mmOS - now /pvd_usb* folders from NTFS drives are not reloaded