113w ago - Today the next wave of PS3 dongles has started, enter the Cobra USB from Max Louarn of Divineo / Supreme Factory, which features the ability to run Blu-ray, DVD and PS1 game iSOs and PSP Mini games from the PlayStation 3 hard drive.
The PS3 USB device is slated for release on April 11 and currently requires v3.41 PS3 Firmware, however, it can downgrade from PlayStation 3 Firmware v3.50 with the related PDF guides and files available HERE.
From their official site linked above, to quote:
Cobra USB - The Ultimate PS3 USB solution features:
• ** Blu Ray Movie region free functionality
• ** Allows you to play Blu Ray movie ISO's from HDD
• ** Allows you to play DVD movie ISO's from HDD
• ** Integrated support to play PS1 game ISO's from HDD
• ** Integrated support to play PSP mini games from HDD
• ** Enjoy PS3 games with files >4GB on external USB HDD
• Supports FAT and SLIM PS3 consoles any region
• Supports versions up to 3.50 (console must be running 3.41)
• Play PS3 games from internal HDD
• MCU firmware and flash firmware updatable using easy to use free PC updater
• First class customer support and free regular firmware upgrades
• No need to open your console, just plug and play
• High quality components and materials used throughout
• Unique and built from scratch Cobra USB manager featuring slick U.I. and customized options with easy navigation
• Actel based encryption engine onboard to prevent device cloning
• Fast onboard 2 Mbyte SPI flash for firmware storage
• High quality onboard MCU
• Easy mode selection via switch (PC update, PS3 downgrader, regular PS3 device mode)
• Downgrader functionality included free of charge, allowing users to upgrade firmware to and from 3.41 at will
• Multi lingual user interface (English, Spanish and French as standard with more languages to be supported later)
** = World's first implementation
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Where iso_path1 is the source iso, iso_path2 is the destination encrypted iso.bin.enc and klc_path is the path to the klicense.
I just tested it (launching a regular ISO in mM, it spawns the ps2classics.self and creates the encrypted ISO + a folder structure) - everything seems ok. It needs a nice progress bar, improved I/O by using async read/write and you're good to go. It doesn't support 4GB+ files, but properly adds missing info for CD ISO files.
Basically with mM you can dump your PS2 game disc, load it in the RETRO column, it will convert it to ps2classic in a minute or two and you can load it with ps2-classics-placeholder. I'll release a test mM later.
Showtime 04.03.128 by Andreas Oman is now available (for mM and as standalone in the WEB column).
Which RAP did you use to encrypt the iso? Make sure you use 2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333 and try again. Use a hex editor on it and look for this in the first 16 bytes- if you see instead something like JP0102-NPJD00015_00-0000000000000000 then you used the wrong one.