113w ago - Today the next wave of PS3 dongles has started, enter the Cobra USB from Max Louarn of Divineo / Supreme Factory, which features the ability to run Blu-ray, DVD and PS1 game iSOs and PSP Mini games from the PlayStation 3 hard drive.
The PS3 USB device is slated for release on April 11 and currently requires v3.41 PS3 Firmware, however, it can downgrade from PlayStation 3 Firmware v3.50 with the related PDF guides and files available HERE.
From their official site linked above, to quote:
Cobra USB - The Ultimate PS3 USB solution features:
• ** Blu Ray Movie region free functionality
• ** Allows you to play Blu Ray movie ISO's from HDD
• ** Allows you to play DVD movie ISO's from HDD
• ** Integrated support to play PS1 game ISO's from HDD
• ** Integrated support to play PSP mini games from HDD
• ** Enjoy PS3 games with files >4GB on external USB HDD
• Supports FAT and SLIM PS3 consoles any region
• Supports versions up to 3.50 (console must be running 3.41)
• Play PS3 games from internal HDD
• MCU firmware and flash firmware updatable using easy to use free PC updater
• First class customer support and free regular firmware upgrades
• No need to open your console, just plug and play
• High quality components and materials used throughout
• Unique and built from scratch Cobra USB manager featuring slick U.I. and customized options with easy navigation
• Actel based encryption engine onboard to prevent device cloning
• Fast onboard 2 Mbyte SPI flash for firmware storage
• High quality onboard MCU
• Easy mode selection via switch (PC update, PS3 downgrader, regular PS3 device mode)
• Downgrader functionality included free of charge, allowing users to upgrade firmware to and from 3.41 at will
• Multi lingual user interface (English, Spanish and French as standard with more languages to be supported later)
** = World's first implementation
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Hi I am not able to update my covers and showtime online through multiman. It says unable to connect to the server at the moment, is the multiman server is down ? though I am able to update the games.. why the content update is not working in multiman ? I am on Rogero 4.3 v2.5
Also available online for mM and in the Web column.
Also attached below is LANG_CZ.TXT by varinek, LANG_TR.TXT (Turkish) from ozayturay and http://temp-share.com/show/YgFHvryEy by Robi666 who states: Here is Croatian (Hrvatski) translation of MM v4.30.00 All letters working under User #1 (font0) and User #2 (font1) 621 lines.
We're pleased to present pictures of the final Cobra ODE hardware - Main PCB assembly. As you can see there are two switches which enable configuration of PATA (FAT consoles)/SATA (FAT CECHL consoles) and 2k, 2k5k, 3k and 4k series slim and super slim consoles. Cobra ODE is the first truly universal PS3 ODE bringing maximum convenience to end users and resellers alike.
As you can see we've designed everything to be connected via FFC cables directly between ODE and console or console, ODE and daughter boards in the case of the 2k5,3k and 4k series consoles. A great deal of effort and time has been put into designing a system with best performance and maximum convenience for installation.
We're working hard on the finalization of the software, stay tuned for further information....
Play all PS3 games.
Play PS2/PS1 games on backwards compatible consoles
Movie ISO's supported
Compatible with all PS3 models including phat/slim and super slim
Solderless installation on all FAT consoles and 20xx/21xx SLIM consoles
Easy and fast installation for 25xx series SLIM, 3000 series SLIM and 4000 series SUPER SLIM consoles
Supports all current OFW and CFW's
OSD selection of ISO's
UI commander included
Easy selection of Emulation and pass through modes
Flexible and powerful embedded OS
High speed ARM and onboard FPGA's are updatable via inbuilt updater mechanism
256 Mbits SDRAM onboard
Supports USB hard drives
Additional hardware interface included to support future hardware addons, giving user maximum flexibility
* Designed by the team who brought so many firsts to the scene!
* 3000 series SLIM and 4000 series SUPER SLIM hardware supported from launch
* Manufactured at a high tech facility = superb quality
Some users have reported problems with some PAL ps1 games on NTSC systems and viceversa.
It is a bug that only affects a portion of users. This package solves those problems.
Instructions: after selecting a ps1 game of different TV system wtith mmCM, launch the included application instead of starting the ps1 game with the disc icon. If the game is of your TV system or if you don't have this problem at all, we recommend to play the game using the disc icon, as always, as it is expected to have bigger compatibility.
multiMAN ver 04.30.00 UPD CEX (20130331).pkg
ps2classics.rar (modified by me)
This test update requires that you have 04.30.00 BASE or updated online to 04.30.00. The online version is also updated to this build.
Changes in ps2classic:
Added 64bit file access functions to support 4GB+ files (for LIMG and encryption)
Added asynchronous READ/WRITE to improve encryption speed (1GB / 3min)
Added progress bar and 'Remaining time' information to the encryption
Added check if the provided ISO is a CD or DVD image for proper LIMG header creation
Changes in multiMAN:
Added support to encrypt standard disc-backup PS2 ISO files from /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO and /dev_usbxxx/PS2ISO to PS2 Classics
Added support to delete PS2 Classics (ISO+folder)
Added support to load PS2 Classics from USB HDD (folder will be transferred to internal HDD)
Encryption is done by spawning "ps2classics" which resides in mM's USRDIR/sys/PS2C.BIN (the one provided in the ps2classics.rar above)
Basically it comes down to:
1) Rip your original PS2 game disc with multiMAN (it took just 4-5 mins to backup my KILLZONE disc) / or transfer a PS2 ISO backup to /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO
2) Go to RETRO column and load the ISO - you'll be prompted to convert to PS2 Classic
3) Conversion takes 2 to 5 mins and you'll be returned to multiMAN (you'll see the converted game with [PS2 Classic] suffix in the name)
4) Activate the PS2 Classic and start it from XMB/PS2 Classic Placeholder
Default CID and KLICENSE used (compatible with aldostools and CaptainCPS-X tools/apps):
p.s. I was FINALLY able to test all this PS2-Classics stuff:
1) Download and install ReactPSN 2.24 and PS2ClassicsPlaceholder from mM's WEB column
- Create "aa" account and login with it (make sure AUTO-LOGIN is disabled so you can chose "ReactPSN Xrif Xedat" account)
- Copy /exdata folder (included in ReactPSN zip) with 2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333.rap file in it on USB stick
- Start reactPSN and login with your regular account after reboot
2) Start multiMAN and put KILLZONE PS2 original disc
3) From game column select "Copy" while Killzone disc is displayed
4) Backup to /dev_hdd0 (PS2ISO)
5) After copy completes go to RETRO column and activate "KILLZONE" ISO
6) It prompts for encryption (4,4GB)
7) Back to mM and RETRO column - activate "Killzone [PS2 Classic]"
8) Quit to XMB and start "PS2 Classics Placeholder"
TOTAL = 24mins to RIP a full 4,4GB DVD, convert to PS2 Classic and start it. ALL THAT ON THE PS3.