112w ago - Today the next wave of PS3 dongles has started, enter the Cobra USB from Max Louarn of Divineo / Supreme Factory, which features the ability to run Blu-ray, DVD and PS1 game iSOs and PSP Mini games from the PlayStation 3 hard drive.
The PS3 USB device is slated for release on April 11 and currently requires v3.41 PS3 Firmware, however, it can downgrade from PlayStation 3 Firmware v3.50 with the related PDF guides and files available HERE.
From their official site linked above, to quote:
Cobra USB - The Ultimate PS3 USB solution features:
• ** Blu Ray Movie region free functionality
• ** Allows you to play Blu Ray movie ISO's from HDD
• ** Allows you to play DVD movie ISO's from HDD
• ** Integrated support to play PS1 game ISO's from HDD
• ** Integrated support to play PSP mini games from HDD
• ** Enjoy PS3 games with files >4GB on external USB HDD
• Supports FAT and SLIM PS3 consoles any region
• Supports versions up to 3.50 (console must be running 3.41)
• Play PS3 games from internal HDD
• MCU firmware and flash firmware updatable using easy to use free PC updater
• First class customer support and free regular firmware upgrades
• No need to open your console, just plug and play
• High quality components and materials used throughout
• Unique and built from scratch Cobra USB manager featuring slick U.I. and customized options with easy navigation
• Actel based encryption engine onboard to prevent device cloning
• Fast onboard 2 Mbyte SPI flash for firmware storage
• High quality onboard MCU
• Easy mode selection via switch (PC update, PS3 downgrader, regular PS3 device mode)
• Downgrader functionality included free of charge, allowing users to upgrade firmware to and from 3.41 at will
• Multi lingual user interface (English, Spanish and French as standard with more languages to be supported later)
** = World's first implementation
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Long winded but I have loads of games on my OFW console so data transferred them to new one but need to then backup them to pc since there is about 50 gig of stuff so I can put the hard drive from my old console into my new CFW console, ftp back the games then put the 60 gig hd in my OFW console and data transfer the same games so I have the games on both consoles.
How exactly do I copy games with multiman in such a way that the XMB still shows them as installed?
lol, thanks, that answers that part, but still don't know why I installed 4.40.00 and it still says 4.06.02. Every time I want to play a game it asks me to update and i have to say no because it puts on psmove stuff that breaks it with a 3d exclamation mark. I figured the old mmcm update server would have the right update.
So which version do I actually have, and where can I manually get non-psmove update files? so what version am i on? 4.4 or 4.06?
Just updated my cobra to v6 and the firmware along with it. Went to update mmcm and it said that it couldn't contact the update server. It says in system info that it's 04.06.02.
I wouldn't care so much except that it also can't seem to connect to whatever server is needed to download game updates like it used to. Anyway, I got the 4.40.00 base cex pkg file and installed it.
Started mmcm again and it asked me the 3 questions and loaded the default theme. I went to system information and it still says 04.06.02 despite the xmb saying it's 4.40.00. It also still won't connect to any servers.
No there is nothing wrong with my network, I connected the ps3 a web site just fine and can ftp to and from it. What's going on here?
try to re-enable bd, but still it didn't working ? it said 'BD-ROM emulator couldn't start' ??
Update: it was working, I read all the information about 4.41 CFW and also information about MultiMan 4.40 very carefully , then I realized I miss one step as recommendation to make it working with MM 4.40, there was missing one step 4.41.1 Lite CFW.
so, I tried to install 4.41.1 Lite again after backup then install 4.41.2 Lite and then install MM 4.40 again, the BDrom working perfectly without re-enable it.