- Today Cobra PS3 Firmware v4.2 is released for those who own the USB dongle alongside MultiMAN PlayStation 3 Backup Cobra USB Manager v03.00.00 below.
Download: [Register or Login to view links]
/ [Register or Login to view links]
(dongle required) / [Register or Login to view links]
(SNES GENP FCEU FBAN VBAN - 49.96 MB)
- mmCM 03.00.00 (3108 PS3 Covers, 2020 PS2 Covers) (showTIME, ps3SERV)
- PS3SERV PC app: To be used with mmCM file manager /net_host# network folders.
- SHOWTIME PLAYER: Included as SHOWTIME.SELF in mmCM USRDIR/sys folder to enable playback of video files
- BROWSER.SELF: Standalone WWW/FTP application
from [Register or Login to view links]
is not working for the Cobra USB Team and has stated the following on the IRC logs below discussing it:
"We don't have confirmation on that, truth be told... we haven't spoken to Dean in a while, he did tell me a while back that he was going away for a while.
So from my understanding as far as I know, this is Team Cobra's app using Multiman's open source project... so for now, I'd say it's not Dean."
: The man himself deank
has now made an official statement
on the merging of multiMAN and Cobra.
Also, Team Cobra have released a quick update to mmCM to fix a minor bug that was present in mounting PSP ISOs without a disc in the drive. mmCM v03.00.01 update is available now ONLINE ONLY to Cobra USB users via the intergrated update system.
[Abkarino] deank had joind cobra team?
[eussNL] Cobra ~=~ TrueBlue
[eussNL] so if it supports the replaced sub_28fe30 and new section 0x80000000007f0000 that Cobra uses, it means Trueblue support is around the corner...
[middleman] i see deank sold out eh, that mustve been the big news tortuga was talking about
[TehRuler] no wonder he's been hiding
[middleman] yeah, went in hiding to make multiman for cobra, blah
Finally, below are the changes, as follows:
- Added MultiMan for Cobra in the download section.
- Support for games with split files.
- Bugfix: special keys of bdremote weren't working in showtime.
Multiman for Cobra changelog:
- Full ISO and CUE+BIN support (incl. create ISO from folder)
- Full Cobra support (PSX, PS2, PSP, PS3, ISO, BIN, CUE, BDM, DVD)
- PSP UMD game support when PSP connected in USB+UMD mode
- Support for *.0/.31, *.001/.032, *.66600/.66631 split file formats
- Join split files in file manager (select and copy the first file to get the rest joined)
- Mount ISO files in File Manager (to browse/copy contents)
- New display mode "XBDM" - XBOX Dash Clone
- Support for games with split big files (from external hdd)
- BD/DVD Region options in SETTINGS column
- Support for PS2 game covers (OPL format, i.e. SLES_123.45_COV.JPG) in /covers_retro/psx (over 2000 covers included)
- Integrated Dongle Updater (in mmCM XMMB column)
- Option to turn on blue/green dongle leds or turn them off completely
- Integrated PSX, PS2 and PSP database for names and IDs (over 13000 entries) (for PSX/PS2 discs and PSP ISO/UMD files)
Finally, [Register or Login to view links]
has made available a [Register or Login to view links]
based on the [Register or Login to view links]
and details on how it was done below, as follows:
Unself the vsh.self (try using MAGIC PKG 1.0), then HexEdit the vsh.ELF and replace the 8 bytes at the following addresses:
=====patch 8byte in vsh.self for reActPSN=====
version addr old data new data function
3.55retail 0x30b230 4b cf 5b 45 -> 38 60 00 00 // fixed allow unsigned act.dat *.rif
3.55retail 0x30ac90 48 31 b4 65 -> 38 60 00 00 // fixed act.dat missing after reboot
=====patch vsh.self by youself for new CFW=====
Then use self_rebuilder (also available in Make PKG 1.0), to rebuild the vsh.self
Drag and drop the original vsh.self and the edited vsh.elf
I take no responsibility for any damage or brick of your console... I'm just passing the info.