224w ago - Update: It's now confirmed as a fake, see HERE for details.
According to their Web site (linked above), Beta testing on the alleged Belzar PS3 Modchip is now complete, they have a fully working PS3 modchip and are ready to manufacture.
Of course, Hacktronics (same company) have also stated the Infectus Team is confirming the Belzar PS3 Modchip, however, the Infectus Admin Arakonreplied to their claim as follows:
"I'm quite sure it's fake. For years, noone got ANYTHING working on the ps3, and all of a sudden a company noone really knows supposedly has a chip ready that does EVERYTHING? No small steps, noone finding anything at all, just a chip out of nowhere that has every possible function? Highly unlikely."
From the Belzar update, to quote: "Belzar has finished beta testing, we have now sent the info and working chip to our manufacturers, and should be receiving a sample of the final retail product tomorrow, at which time we will take pictures, and place them on our site.
The retail product will come in 2 different versions, the Belzar Modchip, and the Belzar modchip lite, the only difference is that the lite version does not come with the USB interface to upgrade the firmware in the future, although it will come fully functional straight out of the box. Pricing and pictures to be released soon, Belzar.com"
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
OMG why is this discussion still going, its obviously fake, for all those who are too thick and want to deny this fact here is a list of why it is fake;
- Both Belzar.com and Hacktronics.co.uk are registered by the same person 'Ricky Fairbanks' so thats a dead giveaway.
- From beta testing to production takes longer than 1 day.
- Why no pictures?, since this modchip has been sent out for beta testing any competent website would post pictures so that rumours about it being fake can be put to rest.
- It was stated on their website that Infectus has confirmed the modchip yet we have no news on the infectus website, strange?
- On the hacktronics.co.uk website we have a news feed that says "PS4 to be released, Sony today confirmed that the playstation 4, is being worked on, and new of a release date is soon to be announced." Now if that doesn't convince you that both these websites are setup to be fake I don't know what will.