Today is a good day for Atelier-series fans! Similar to Disgaea 4 PS3 translation patch released earlier, Tidusnake666 on PS3 News has updated his work in progress and now shared a PS3 translation v0.1 of the Japanese version of Atelier Totori: The Alchemist of Arland 2.
Few thing to note before reading on:
Translation was done with Microsoft Translator API based program, so sometimes it, frankly saying, doesn't make sense. But, story messages are natively (officially) English, although there're some padding problems, but they do make sense.
Pretty much everything (skills, side-dialogues, locations, names, items, ingredients, even bestiary and much more) was parsed in translation, but approx.10% of text remained untranslated with original Japanese words. But I'm sure you can figure it out
Voice acting will be in Japanese (cons of Japanese EBOOT)
The game is fully untested, so there may be crashes, although I checked everything byte-by-byte.
If you don't like it, do it better!
0. Obtain both JP (BLJM60241) and US (BLUS30735) version dumps of the game. Delete any game data on PS3 you have (you can leave your saves) We'll be using US version as a base.
1. Replace US folder "PS3_GAME\USRDIR\Res\Sound" with the equivalent Japanese one.
2. Replace US folders "EventCheck" and "Eventprocess" in "PS3_GAME\USRDIR\Event" with japanese equivalents.
3. If you want trophies, replace US trophy folder (TROPHYDIR) with japanese equvalent one.
4. Replace US PARAM.SFO with Japanese one
5. Replace US EBOOT.BIN with patched Japanese one (in attachments)
6. Copy US version game on your ext./int. HDD, enjoy and play!
v0.1 to 0.12
- Added tutorial for enabling trophies (japanese)
- Homuncullus (Chim) bug fixed, you can now speak to him without crashes and recruit previously unavaliable because of this bug characters
- Some of the items are correctly translated, most of the traits are translated as well - thanks necroziel!
As for now, the game should be fully playable, although haven't extensively tested, but no known bugs/glitches so far.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Had it working, then made a stupid mistake. I deleted the trophy data list it installed from the PS3 and can't get it working again. When it asks to install game data utility it hangs, presumably because I deleted the trophy folder. -smacks forehead-
It also works when used with the JPN game as a base, if that helps anyone who may be having difficulty with getting it to run by normal methods. Worked for me.
On a side note, would anyone in the forums know the name of Atelier Totori's trophy folder? (From the installation into the HDD, not the game's disc directory) Or somewhere it can be downloaded. Thanks...
Edit: Nevermind. Solved it. Complete re installation and works perfectly now. Thanks for the translation and help, Tidus.
Followed all instructions down to a science, yet text remains in japanese upon launch.
Also, the download link for the eboot isn't anywhere on this page. In addition, after looking on identical copies of this page via Google, there's an eboot link that actually is listed, yet the file's name is listed as "Atelier_Rorona_EBOOT_V01.zip". After downloading the file, it's password protected.
If possible, it would be appreciated if all proper instructions were listed from this page to make the process less complicated for those of us like myself that can't understand/or having difficulty running the game.
Edit: Apologies, just saw the password in the article.