115w ago - Today megahiperultrafantas and Psmaniaco posted details and a video on Spanish site Elotrolado (linked above) on how to remarry PS3 Blu-ray Disc (BD) drives to other consoles.
To quote, roughly translated: "We are the fantastic ultra hyper Mega Team. We have modified. Self and made impossible... The way to solve the problem the reader is:
First, downgrade to firmware 2.30 (you know how), then we launch the console normally (thus leaving the service before) and set the time, date, language and others.
Second: Go back to start the service mode.
In the stick, unzip the contents of the zip in the root of this.
Put the USB flash drive in the far right and turn on the PS3... will see something new on screen, when you see that makes drive init blue with a circle on the right is that it has been restored key in the reader.
We let you reinstall the 2.30 and also is configured to read all the films on bluray region free.
Exit the service mode (with the lv2diag FILE 2) and we have ready the reader by reading the games, except if we have the laser damaged.
Well, from here on out if you crack a controller bluray or ps3 you have two, one with a broken player and one with the ruptured plaque, you can exchange it and work the reader, this is the real lv2diag.self, who points in display all, it goes black and is waiting for us without knowing what happens (the manufacturer_updater_for_reset.self) I hope you like help and greetings to everyone!!
PS: Do not pay more to Sony for that you have broken the reader (since they can be made inoperable and not repairable with a reinstall of the firmware and the new consoles give one year warranty ...)
PDD: The key is stored on board and sent to the controller.
Required files which should be in the root, search the Internet... already been leaked...
Good guys, I bring you news that you have comforted those who messed controller or one that is not yours.
Doing some testing (edited at the request of the user) we have managed to link a controller to a different key to a plate of 60 GB with the result that the controller has been recorded in the main chip key plate and were married again recovering the execution of homebrew applications and games will keep you informed of the subject.
Video of the process:
Following up, Max1985 from DemonHades shared the leaked package which includes a modded lv2diag.self file that allows users to remarry a PlayStation 3 Blu-ray drive board on another PS3 console.
Finally, Mark Webber has made a guide on remarrying PS3 BD boards to other consoles, as follows:
Ladies & Gentlemen finally we can remarry BD boards to different consoles. The file was just posted over at DemonHades by one of the members (max1985) Put these onto a blank usb stick (not the devusb folder, just it's contents) & add a 2.30, or possibly other version PUP file. Put in the service mode dongle and get into factory service mode. Put the newly created USB stick into port 0 (closest to the reader) and run.
I have not done extensive testing yet, but have just remarried a BD board from a 60gig launch to a 40gig console.
Before you begin, make sure you are at or below 3.15. If you have 3.55 installed, you will need to use the modified 3.55 downgrade files first, then downgrade to 3.15 or lower and then finally begin the procedure.
1. It would appear that older 256meg nand Ps3's need to goto 2.30. Newer 16meg nand Ps3's should be fine from 3.15
2. Change your dongle to "Factory Service Mode"
3. Copy files from the folder downloaded above (the contents of the devusb folder) to the root of a blank usb stick
4. Copy the PS3UPDAT.PUP from 3.15 (or lower if your system can handle it) to the USB stick
5. Put the USB stick into the right side USB port on the PS3
6. Put the Dongle into any other port (furthest left is best)
7. Power off the PS3 using the power switch at the back
8. Turn the power back on
9. Press power then eject within .2 seconds
10. Wait until the PS3 turns off then press the power button on the front again.
11. The USB will now start to flash and do a "Drive Init" then install the PUP file.
12. The system will turn itself off again.
13. Power on and play a BluRay movie until the movie starts.
14. Remove Dongle and Usb Stick then insert "Exit Lv2diag" stick (aka Lv2diag file 2) into the same port it just was in the Ps3 (furthest to the right)
15. Press power to exit "Factory Service Mode"
Update: It would appear that older 256meg nand Ps3's need to goto 2.30. Newer 16meg nand Ps3's should be fine from 3.15
Update #2: I have a USA console here (I am in Aus) and it is not restoring BD playback. Model is original launch 20gig. This will be a work in progress and try to figure it out. In a nutshell, some drives may not get BD playback but will be able to play games etc etc.
Update #3: If you have a 256meg Fat PS3 - Read On. As we are all aware by now, downgrading kills BD playback on 256meg fats. Made even worse now by the fact we may be using a drive we dont even know the history of, right? Wrong, history is just that now if you have access to another 16meg PS3.
Update #4: The procedure below seems to be intermittent at best. I have had varying results since the initial tests were done. If yours does not recover BD playback, don't panic, your drive is fine, its just the luck of the draw.
1. Insert the NEWEST BD movie you can get your hands on into the 16meg PS3 - Latest release from a video shop is advised. This will update that system & drive with the latest HRL
2. Marry the drive you want to use on the 256meg fat
3. Remove both the drives (mark them if you have to)
4. Place the drive from the 256meg onto the 16meg system and marry them up.
5. Update the firmware on your 16meg Ps3 to whatever you normally use.
6. Insert the NEWEST BD movie again into the drive now on the 16meg
7. This wil update the drive with the latest version of HRL
8. Swap the drives back over and get the DRL files from the BD disc (or find them online) and transfer them to the 256meg fat PS3 in the dev_flash3 folder overwriting the ones already there.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
I ran the remarry package and my bluray drive still don't work. The owner before changed it completely out. even the board so the chip was replaced to. Is there a way to get this ps3 working with a new bluray drive at this point? please help. can some one flash the bios to accept the new drive?
PLEASE HELP!! How do you fix the communication to the drive? I got the "NG". so how can i fix it to connect? please give detailed help.
I enter Factory Service Mode by installing the FactoryServiceMode v0.2 tool (pkg file) from xmb. Then i start the remarry process from USB pendrive. It shows on screen "Drive Init Executing" and numbers, and the PS3 shutdown with no message, it simple shutdown. Then i enter FactoryServiceMode, but can't see any bluray icon, and that is my main problem, because with out it i can't play homebrews.
I'm i doing things right? At some point of the tutorial it's says Put a BD movie disc in and run it on the PS3. (This restores your DRL files!) , but i don't have any bluray movie disk.
Is this really necessary? I just want the bluray icon on the xmb, i don't want to watch bluray movies on the PS3.
If anyone is having problems with the remarry process as I did this is how I was able to remarry 2 different machines with completely new drives and boards. One is a CECHA01 and the other is a CECHL01. One on 3.50 and one on 3.55
Followed this guide which is a very good guide. Although I kept getting NG and starting over trying to find out what bad hardware I had.
Finally I figured I'd just finish the process regardless of drive-init fail.
1- I put units in FSM with my e3 card reader (started with main power switch off)
2- Built USB thumb drive as per the instructions
3- Drive Init reports NG (here I stuffed the disk in the drive and did not remove it for the rest of the process)
4- Powered off the unit (using on off button)
5- Powered on the unit (using on off button)
6- Let Blu-Ray play for a couple minutes (never saw a picture)
7- Powered off the unit (using on off button)
8- Took the unit out of FSM
9- Power on the unit (using on off button)
10- Grin ear to ear while watching Dark Of The Night.
As I read the guide NG means that the process failed. I don't understand why but I was able to marry 2 units nor do I care they work and I am very happy.
At last got my blu ray drive to play movies As i was on kmeaw 3.55 cfw i put it to factory service mode and tried every blu ray movie i had which is a lot lol till i found 1 that played after that every movie played that i had don't if this will work for you but worth a try.
Also updated to REBUG 4.21.1 REX EDITION through xmb system update and blu ray movies still play.