156w ago - Update: PS3Break has also updated their hex codes to support PS3 Firmware 3.55 Spoofing.
To quote: It is the same as the 3.50 spoof payload, tricking your console into thinking its on the latest firmware. This does not allow you to go online, or play newer games. The purpose of the spoof is to prevent your console from telling you to update, that's all.
This update only stops you from updating to v3.55. Unfortunately PSN and v3.50 firmware based games are still unavailable.
Which means and I must stated in BOLD:
NO ONLINE PSN GAME PLAYING
NO GT5 (original or backup)
NO N4S:HP (same as above)
NO UNLOCKing YOUR PSN CONTENT
It appears the PS3Yes Team have worked out a way to properly spoof the PS3's 3.55 Firmware requirement and have released some hex codes for their PS JailBreak clone USB devices below.
Is this only to prevent updates? If so, who cares? But what else can it do? PSN? GT5? Could this lead to more interesting things?!
OR is this just a simple mod of Hermes spoofing of 3.50 - Looks like it
To quote from the PS3Yes Team:
We just release SPOOF355 for PS3YES-PRO and PS3YES to prevent update.
This firmware prevent the console update to fw3.55.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
So we can get on PSN and play GT5? LOL I think its funny (not really) when someone posts an explanation then the very next post asks the same thing.
Why do people explain things when others don't read and ignore them? I posted a few things on the first few pages and the next page people are asking what I already answered...
There should be a new line added to every first post "READ ALL POSTS BEFORE REPLYING" but there will be people that wont even read that.
It actually does what they say. If you try to update it will say you have the latest version so it wont let you update.
If you have a shared PS3 it'll be good so someone else cant update it by accident. But if you're the only one that uses it (like me) its useless.
Oh, they can still update it. All they have to do is boot it up not in jailbreak mode so this is kinda useless to everyone.
Ahh what madness - just read all the posts prior to posting this - makes me laugh how people keep asking the same questions over and over.
Anyway, i've not tried this myself but to just clarify some things for people who DO read this post...
From all 60 of the above posts, i gather that the following statements are true:-
1. This does NOT allow PSN access, since all it does is spoof your PS3's version number or possibly something like the other DNS spoofing methods which work for around 48hours following a new firmware release from Sony. (suspect this may be related to their TTL settings on their servers!)
2. It "Works"/"Doesn't Work" for various users - Meaning that is can be used with some jailbreak devices, but not with others. Hence the number of "I just get a blank screen" type posts. This in no way indicates if PSN works or not (see point 1 above).
3. Any game which has been compiled/encrypted with sony SDK 3.5 or above will not work with this method due to either
i. Something from SDK 3.5+ is required for the game to work
ii. The game is encrypted with keys that are only found in 3.50 or above
4. People don't read others comments before posting.
5. This site rocks
6. It's late and i really don't know why i bothered readign this thread anyway