156w ago - Since the release of PSGrade there have been lots of PS3 Downgrade Hex Codes for all types of devices, and today Matrix15 and xXJohannXx of Logic-Sunrise.com (linked above) have posted a PIC18F hex code and guide which can be found below.
To quote, roughly translated: After leaving the downgrade for the different clones based Atmel microcontroller, the service mode is finally available to the dongle-based ICP such as ZBN SPI USB V1, V1.1, V2 , or PS3liberator NbzgroovePIC v1.0 at PICDEM bootloader is available.
The downgrade process is similar to any other dongles, you'll need: downgrade-files (http://www.logic-sunrise.com/telecharger-172586-downgrader-files.html)
1 - Upgrade your NbzgroovePIC or module ZBN with the update for the downgrade. (The update is done the same way that a jailbreak for maj.)
2 - Connect your NbzgroovePIC or module ZBN to the console. Turn it completely (power button back to the Fat, electric cable or a switch for slim) then turn the (by pressing the back button or by removing the console).
- Press the power button then quickly press the button "Eject". The console will start then shut off automatically
Note: It is possible that it does not go out alone, in this case the etteignez completely manually a second time (button facade and cut power supply).
This is exactly the same way as your console smith jailbreak.
From here, things will change, check that your console is in "Service Mode":
3 - On a USB stick (FAT32), place the file update 3.41 (. PUP) and the number 1 Lv2Diag.self you rename in Lv2Diag.self. (See it below)
4 - Connect your PS3 to your usb port on the far right.
- Start the console, the screen will be black, but the LED on the PS3 starts to flash.
- Wait about 3 minutes. Upon completion of the power button flashes green and the PS3 off.
- Remove the USB and turn on your PS3. Elle sera toujours en mode service. She will always be in service mode. You can now verify that it is well past 3.41.
5 - Connect your USB to your PC, delete the 2 files and copy the file to the root LV2Diag.self
(File 2) you rename as previously LV2Diag.self.
6 - Connect the USB port on the far right of your PS3 and start normally. Après 10secondes la console s'éteindra. After 10 seconds the console will turn off.
That's over your console and now 3.41 in the past and the joy you jailbreak.
- Disconnect your USB key, do not forget to reprogram your NbzgroovePIC or module ZBN with the last update for the jailbreak.
Thank you to Matrix15 for information and xXJohannXx for the tutorial.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
No, as the console was at 3.50 when I started, I have a second ps3, I will try swapping the files, also as a side note, has anyone tried ripping the BD discs and then running them as images on the PS3, I have quickly tried accessing the BD drive with a disc in but it shows nothing in the folder using FlashFXP on the PC and blackb0x FTP 1.2 on the PS3
If anyone has any luck accessing the data on the BD disc can you let us know
Success... Woo yeah!!
To anyone who made have a problem with blu-rays here is the list of tasks I used to fix it with many thanks to everyone's input...
1. Backup PS3 System to External Drive incase of System Failure
2. Downgrade to 3.41 (within Factory Mode)
3. Test BD - nothing
4. Downgrade to 3.10 (within Factory Mode)
5. Test BD - nothing
6. Upgrade to 3.41 (within Retail Mode)
7. Test BD - nothing
8. Restore From System Backup
9. Test BD - nothing
10. Downgrade to 2.10 (within Factory Mode)
11. Format HDD (within Retail Mode)
12. Test BD - nothing
13. Upgrade to 3.41 (within Retail Mode)
14. Test BD - nothing
15. Load PS3-FTP (the one made with PSL1GHT)
16. Backup both dev_flash2 & dev_flash3 from the downgraded PS3 (PHAT)
17. Boot up second PS3 in JB mode
18. Load PS3-FTP (the one made with PSL1GHT)
19. Backup both dev_flash2 & dev_flash3 from the second PS3 (SLIM)
20. Shutdown the second PS3
21. Boot up first PS3 in JB mode
22. Load PS3-FTP (the one made with PSL1GHT)
23. Navigate to dev_flash2 and delete the folder 'drm'
24. Now copy the files backed up from the second PS3 (SLIM) into dev_flash2 & dev_flash3 and select Overide on everything
25. Shutdown the first PS3, and turn power off
26. Boot up first PS3
27. Test BD - Success... I'm watching the Blu-ray as I write this
The next task is going to be to restore the data from the initial backup... wish me luck that by doing this I won't mess up the BD Playback.