147w ago - Recently several methods, guides and even PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware has surfaced to get on PSN with PS3 CFW 3.55, and today drizzt84 has added to them with his own homebrew application dubbed FckPSN v0.3 followed by some updates below.
From PSGroove: The author of Gaia Manager, Drizzt, has unveiled the easiest method yet. Today, he brings us a small toolkit consisting of the apps FckPSN and PS3DNS. The two apps take the place of the tools used in previous methods. FckPSN takes the place of Charles proxy and PS3DNS takes the place of MaraDNS.
1. Install dev_blind.pkg and OpenPS3FTP on your PS3 (using FTP, external USB or what else)
2. Launch dev_blind and make it mount the flash
3. Open OpenPS3FTP and connect to it using a PC
4. Connect via FTP to PS3 (using username root and password openbox)
5. Go to /dev_blind/data/cert
6. Rename CA24.cer as CA24.cer.bak
7. Put my CA24.cer as /dev_blind/data/cert/CA24.cer
8. Set the PS3's PRIMARY DNS server to your PC's IP address
9. Set the PS3's SECONDARY DNS server to your actual DNS server (e.g. router)
10. Reboot your PS3
11. Start PS3DNS.exe
12. Start FckPSN.exe
13. Enjoy with PSN
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Ok, I was trying to log onto the store but I can't seem to make it, I keep getting the message about downloading a new update, I have already changed both certificates, changed both dns on the ps3 and of course, running the program on the pc, any clues? I may be doing something wrong or I forgot something
1) check that ver is set to 4.25 not 4.21 (line 36)
2) check passph is set to "zvc***" not "t2w***" (line 37/38)
3) check check consoleID is not only 00000 (line 193 +/-)
4) recopy the ca27 (948 Bytes) to dev_blind
5) restart ps3
I first installed the 1.19-1.21 fix.
Then I extracted the 2 official patches & copied 1.23 over 1.22.
Then I copied all that over to dev_hdd0/game/BLxxxxxx
I get the 1.22 fix: I modified the 1.22fix-eboot from blus to bles & from 1.22 to 1.23
then I changed the param.sfo to 1.23
After all I copied the 4 files to ps3:
EBOOT.BIN (modified to 1.23)
PARAM.SFO (modified to 1.23)
default.self (from the 1.22fix) [Cannot modify it ]
default_mp.self (from the 1.22fix) [Cannot modify it ]
But it is playable online...