118w ago - Recently several methods, guides and even PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware has surfaced to get on PSN with PS3 CFW 3.55, and today drizzt84 has added to them with his own homebrew application dubbed FckPSN v0.3 followed by some updates below.
From PSGroove: The author of Gaia Manager, Drizzt, has unveiled the easiest method yet. Today, he brings us a small toolkit consisting of the apps FckPSN and PS3DNS. The two apps take the place of the tools used in previous methods. FckPSN takes the place of Charles proxy and PS3DNS takes the place of MaraDNS.
1. Install dev_blind.pkg and OpenPS3FTP on your PS3 (using FTP, external USB or what else)
2. Launch dev_blind and make it mount the flash
3. Open OpenPS3FTP and connect to it using a PC
4. Connect via FTP to PS3 (using username root and password openbox)
5. Go to /dev_blind/data/cert
6. Rename CA24.cer as CA24.cer.bak
7. Put my CA24.cer as /dev_blind/data/cert/CA24.cer
8. Set the PS3's PRIMARY DNS server to your PC's IP address
9. Set the PS3's SECONDARY DNS server to your actual DNS server (e.g. router)
10. Reboot your PS3
11. Start PS3DNS.exe
12. Start FckPSN.exe
13. Enjoy with PSN
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
Guys any help? Whenever i try to connect, i get the following error
More ever, i don't know where to get the CA27.cer file to replace in flash. I can access flash and stuff but can't find this certificate file that comes with f psn. Where is it located. Keep in mind this is my first time using fckpsn so i don't think i replaced anything. I just set the DNS + IP etc so that my PS3 can connect to PC.
Externalized Configuration File
Configurator-script (set how u like to spoof: FW-ver, Passphrase, Target-ID, Mainboard-Revision, Rest of console ID, ...)
Configuration-Resetter.script (Set to standard Options)
Configs are not "skinned" yet.
No restriction on user-input yet.
Worked this night on it. I don't know if it is allowed to, thats why I wont upload it until I am allowed to...
I know that I was very slow. whole night work & such a minimum progress, but I never progged ruby before, so needed to learn it first...
Next Ver, I make a better progress, I promise.
Anyone who want to do it yourself, ask me, i help you