147w ago - Recently several methods, guides and even PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware has surfaced to get on PSN with PS3 CFW 3.55, and today drizzt84 has added to them with his own homebrew application dubbed FckPSN v0.3 followed by some updates below.
From PSGroove: The author of Gaia Manager, Drizzt, has unveiled the easiest method yet. Today, he brings us a small toolkit consisting of the apps FckPSN and PS3DNS. The two apps take the place of the tools used in previous methods. FckPSN takes the place of Charles proxy and PS3DNS takes the place of MaraDNS.
1. Install dev_blind.pkg and OpenPS3FTP on your PS3 (using FTP, external USB or what else)
2. Launch dev_blind and make it mount the flash
3. Open OpenPS3FTP and connect to it using a PC
4. Connect via FTP to PS3 (using username root and password openbox)
5. Go to /dev_blind/data/cert
6. Rename CA24.cer as CA24.cer.bak
7. Put my CA24.cer as /dev_blind/data/cert/CA24.cer
8. Set the PS3's PRIMARY DNS server to your PC's IP address
9. Set the PS3's SECONDARY DNS server to your actual DNS server (e.g. router)
10. Reboot your PS3
11. Start PS3DNS.exe
12. Start FckPSN.exe
13. Enjoy with PSN
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
If anyone here is good in ruby compiling, I could use your help. If I can get it into a whole-in-one exe, it would be awesome.
As you can see in my screens, I managed to externalize all settings...
I cannot get it sorted properly:
1) 1st start
3) Configurator 2
4) Configurator 3
5) Configurator 4 autostarts main app
OMG, I got it First-Releaseable Version Im soo happy
Blade-Mod.exe [Modded Version] [original created FckPSN by drizzt] [loads its settings from external file]
Blade-Conf.exe [Completly self written Add-on-Configurator] [User friendly way to edit the settings-file]
Everything ready & compiled
Ok now after 2 days of beeing awake, i get some sleep now...
That's a good question, the GIT (tinyurl.com/FckPSNGITHub) may lend a clue or you could always try to contact him via Twitter (twitter.com/drizzthacks) as well to get a confirmation as well. As you said, at least you did it for yourself even if not publicly released.