148w ago - Today an Amiga Emulator Port by Ole for PS3 dubbed E-UAE v0.8.25 R3 has arrived, which is compiled by the PSL1GHT SDK and libraries and includes source code and followed by some revisions below courtesy of MickJT.
- compiled by using psl1ght sdk
- The full uae documentation is stored in the 'docs' subdirectory, here
you are reading the ps3 port info.
- 68000, 68010, 68020 processor cores
- OCS, ECS and AGA chipset
- amiga hi-res (720x576) graphics resolution in 32bit depth
- joystick1, joystick2 (2nd joypad required) and mouse emulation
- simple options dialog (supports switching of the disk files and more)
- sound in 48000 kHz
- keyboard emulation
- support for loading zip and dms floppy images
- reads either /dev_usb000/uae/uae.cfg or /dev_hdd0/game/EUAE00825/USRDIR/UAE.CFG configuration during startup!
- ps3 ready to boot homebrew programs
- uae.cfg either in /dev_usb000/uae/ or /dev_hdd0/game/EUAE00825/USRDIR/ directory (sample UAE.CFG included)
- kickstart rom - see docs/readme
- press R2 to activate virtual keyboard (vkb), release R2 to hide it. If vkb is shown press left/right digital pad to select the current key. Press the 'up' digital pad button to actually simualte key press of the current key. L1, L2, R1 ann CIRCLE buttons are user defined keys. If vkb is shown press L1 to define L1 button, press L2 to define L2 button and press R1 to define R1 button.
- joypad 1 (emulates joystick 1 and mouse 1)
- joypad 2 (emulates joystick 2) - if you want to enable 2-joystick mode, plug-in the second joy pad, restart uae and switch the port mode to "joy-1 & joy-2" in the options dialog.
- left analog pad emulates the mouse movement. You can speed-up the mouse movement in the options dialog.
- CROSS - joystick button 1
- SQUARE - mouse button 1
- TRIANGLE - mouse button 2
- press Start to enter application menu, here you can load ADF files.
- press CIRCLE to exit the application menu
- The program reads uae.cfg during startup. In this configuration file
you should specify all required parameters (memory size, kick rom, initial
floppy disk files, cpu core, chipset etc.).
- Files (kickrom, adf files) are accesible from either usb disk or internal disk.
Credits and thanks:
- UAE team and porters.
- RCDRUMMOND for E-UAE
- psl1ght sdk team
- PS3 homebrew scene
- options dialog has more space for filenames
- added support for uae.cfg stored on hdd
- initial release
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
i hope that we will get 060 support. Many of the cool demos only works smooth with 060 cpu.
Although i dont think that we will get PPC support, that would be awesome. Can't wait to play with this, though i dont think that it will replace my A1200 060 on my desk. But then again, my PS3 is hooked up to a 42" LED screen, my A1200 is not
BUT NOTHING BEATS A REAL AMIGA!!!! but will give the uae a go and hope for the best.
By the way is the uae compatible with the kickstarter roms from the Amiga Forever DVD??
I had a similar problem with UAE dunping me back to to the xmb. My problem was a duplicate of the cfg file in the UAE folder that the pkg created on the ps3 file system. Once I edited that version, and deleted the usb equivelent, UAE worked well. I've tried both 1.3 and 3.1 kickstart rom on my fat jap 500gb without a hitch.
Its a great project, even Octamed was usable. Hopefully hd support and maybe an increase in resoloution will be supported later. Workbench could be a nice easy alternative until linux is back.