- Following up on the recent PS3 Boot Logo Creator
and his previous release
, today Cyberskunk
has made available Coldboot Installer v1.0 for PS3 homebrew application.
Download: Coldboot Installer v1.0 for PS3
To quote: Coldboot Installer is a small app to easily install your custom coldboot .raf and .ac3 files from USB000 (Slot furthest right).
You need to create a folder on the root of your USB stick called coldboot. This where you place your custom coldboot files.
Coldboot Installer can also back up you current coldboot files. It backs them up in the app’s USRDIR and to the root of USB000 if present with a .bak extention.
BACKUP/RESTORE COLDBOOT FILES
Press SELECT to BACKUP the CURRENT coldboot files (This will overwrite your previous backup)
Press START to RESTORE coldboot files from BACKUP
INSTALL NEW COLDBOOT FILES
Press CROSS to INSTALL new coldboot.raf and AC3 files
Press SQUARE to INSTALL a new coldboot.raf
Press CIRCLE to INSTALL new coldboot AC3 files
Short Tutorial for coldboot.raf files (by manster
- Create folder on usb stick (coldboot)
- Place your coldboot.raf file in it
- USB stick goes in the furthest right usb slot
- Install Coldboot_Installer_1.0.pkg
- Launch Coldboot Installer
- Press select to backup your boot logo
- Press square to install your new bootlogo (from your usb)
- Turn off your ps3
- Turn on your ps3 on you'll see it