1. Private keys can not be calculated for any firmware> = 3.56, and are NOT in any site, which for some are private (only the Sony has, and if we make a mistake it was thanks to them which they applied the algorithm So encryption of data and a few mathematical operations could calculate the private keys).
2. IF you can create a CFW 3.61, the only obstacle is to get the public keys, which can be drawn SI, with varying degrees of difficulty but you can. Each loader is encrypted with a private key and decrypted with the corresponding public key. But the lowest level loader in a FW is encrypted and decrypted with the root key, which is invariably because the root public key used to decrypt the loader is located in the metldr (obviously, the metldr will have to have the public key to decrypt the loader) and metldr NOT be updated in any way, so that the root key can not be changed from one version to another firmware because it is sad if any.
So if you want to create a CFW of 3.61, changing the LV2 to add new features, we have to go hacking the chain of loaders to get on. Example:
More or less this is the chain of loaders (do not know if there is some small variation in FW 3.61).
METLDR, as I said, NO you can update.
METLDR LV0LDR decode the root key (LV0LDR loader is the lowest level, if we do not have to METLDR) and executes it.
LV0LDR LV0 decode the LV0-key (this key if you can change between versions of firmware as LV0LDR SI is upgradeable and can therefore LV0 encrypt a private key and update LV0LDR to decode it with the new corresponding public key) and runs.
Decrypts LV0 LV1LDR ....
LV2 LV2LDR decrypts the lv2-key and executes it.
Therefore, if you want a CFW, we need to decipher LV0LDR (with the root key, which geohot public and will never change), change LV0LDR change LV0 decryption key (the change of a key that is capable of decoding a LV0 encrypted with a private key that we DO know ... that private key? anyone, as if we generate a key), encrypt LV0LDR with the root key, and we can modify LV0 to our liking and is now LV0 deciphered with a different public key, which we know the private key. And so we change the whole chain to LV2, modify and recifrarlo with the new key we've chosen.
Well, that's the way broadly told (when I say encrypt / decrypt, I do not mean the contents of the loaders, because it works with AES encryption and symmetric and there is no question of public / private key, but I mean really at the head of such loaders, for signature, which uses RSA keys is where public / private partnerships, with the sole purpose of checking that these loaders have NOT been changed).
In the case of FW 3.61 the track is a bit more complex as there are RSA public key and AES keys that are easy to obtain, but hey, there are methods to obtain, there are people who have them, and therefore it is not impossible .
Now, we must take into account that a CFW can be installed only if the console is in a FW 3.55 or lower, because higher versions will make use of a new updater, which verifies the upgrade package (internal data the PUP, so I understand) by checking with new firms (which had not previously existed and are now mandatory) which we have neither the public nor the private key (the public can take, but privately we can forget and here no no chain so we can prevent this ... the updater is a separate application of FW and no longer has to do with the above explained).
Said this last, some will think that if the upgrade to a CFW 3.56/3.60/3.61 and thou mayest not reinstall any other CFW (that is, you stay forever in that CFW or FW actualizais an official). The answer is yes, but hey, is not inevitable and that, in creating this CFW, we can modify the VSH (or one) to use the old updater (which does not check new firms and therefore we have no obstacle to install new CFW), or modify the APPLDR to allow us to load the new updater but modified to not check signatures (the new updater can be changed, of course, but also need to modify our FW APPLDR currently installed to the recifrar updater with a private key known and APPLDR then be able to decrypt and run).
And that's all.
From groveritos: teknoconsolas.es/foro/viewtopic.php?f=214&t=98319&hilit=
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
I am a person. A person which is releasing a firmware. A person which thinks that this firmware will help all those poor people in need of two icons (Install Package Files/apphome categories).
So I wanted to make firmware with MFW builder which adds two NEW ICONS TO 4.11 like NODEX had done! And so I made this I do not recommended to install it without E3 Flasher (During the flash may have problems). I also want to say, I did not test this, because I didn't feel like it. But if anyone has a PS3 lying around as a doorstep, go right ahead and try this out.
can be install from OFW 4.11!
added install package files/app_home categories
lv2 kernel patched successfully
no homebrew yet
lv1 hypervisor is not patched
no way to do stuff 3.55 CFW can do
no way to do anything
It's no for Debug Consoles only for Retail (Boo hoo)
1. Rename myuselessfirmware.PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP
2. Put the update file in PS3/UPDATE/ on pendrive
3. You are ready to update!
WARNING: This firmware is mainly intended for those who want to stare at two icons all day and dream about how it would feel if the icons did something. I take no responsibility in any damage this does to your PS3, your house, or your family. By installing this, you are agreeing to major legal terms blah blah blah nodex blah blah blah
From Twitter (twitter.com/#!/NodexNL/status/189042607471607809): lv2 4.11 bare keys revealed - ctype, iv, key, priv, pub.
Another BS PS3 Jailbreak 4.11 (2012) CFW by qwertyu21ify:
How to jailbreak PS3 4.11
1. Download the jailbreak: http://rapidgator.net/file/1239104/PS3_Jailbreak_4.11_2012.rar.html
2. Download Awesome File Manager.pkg it's for managing files on your PS3 you can get it from here: http://rapidgator.net/file/1237065/
3. Download ftpserver_12.pkg it for getting PSN on PS3 when it's jailbrocken and you cant host lobbies in MW2 and MW3 you can get it from here: http://rapidgator.net/file/1238907/ftpserver_12.pkg.html
4. Download multiMAN 04.02.00 this is the best of all the reason most people jailbreak on this you can download games, music, and movies online free and it compresses the game so you will have a lot of memory and it can play emulators from all old game all the way up to N64 and PS1and it looks awsome you can get it from here: http://rapidgator.net/file/1238322/multiMAN_version__04.02.00_FULL.rar.html
5. Unzip the rar/zip file you downloaded
6. Obtain your USB drive, plug it into your computer
7. Navigate on your computer Start/My Computer/USB DRIVE
8. Put Awesome File Manager, ftpserver_12.pkg, and multiMAN 04.02.00 in the root of USB
9. right click create a folder called PS3.
10. Inside PS3, right click, create a new folder called, UPDATE.
11. Transfer the PS3UPDAT.PUP inside PS3/UPDATE
12. Safely eject your USB drive, head over to your PS3, plug your USB into your PS3.
13. Turn on your PS3
14. Navigate to Settings/Update System
15. Press Update via Storage Device
17. Let the PS3 Install the CFW (Custom Firmware)
18. Your PS3 will turn off, beep 9 times, then turn on.
Congratulations Your Now Jailbroken on Firmware 4.11
Hope you all enjoy
Hope you truly enjoy your jailbreak on 4.11 Firmware! Brought to you by qwertyu21ify.
One last BS video from MrJailbreak619 via YouTube:
great work from mooses. it installed fine from 3.55 there is the xmb /app_home/PS3_GAME and a blank space where install package files should be. the XMB is really jumpy. homebrew does not work. so.. completely useless!