From Aleson comes a Resident Evil 6 PS3 Demo / Full Game EBOOT Fix, with details below:
I got my hands in the Resident Evil 6 demo (NPUB90864), and I was wondering if the EBOOT that it contains can help understand and crack the full game eboot. I was wondering either if it can be cracked to 3.55 CEX. Anyways, I'll put the download link for the files here:
(I've uploaded only the necessary files, because the files inside nativeps3 folder are basically arc files, none necessary to crack it.) Best regards!
Finally, from butnut comes How to Play PS3 3.60 or Less Games from Internal on DEX 4.21, as follows:
So I was on rogero dex 3.55 and I decrypted the eboot for haruhi suzumiya then I replaced every dev_bdvd\PS3_GAME with dev_hdd0\PS3_GAM0.
Then I fselfed the eboot and transfered the newly renamed PS3_GAM0 folder to dev_hdd0. Then I updated to dex 4.21.
From here you use MMos to launch the eboot. I suppose you could also copy the modded eboot and put it in a new folder then rename it and do the same for all your other games.
One problem with this is the trophies did not install. If someone can get them to work then reply here please. I will keep trying too.
Stay tuned for more PS3 Hacks and PS3 CFW news, follow us on Twitter and be sure to drop by the PS3 Hacks and PS3 Custom Firmware Forums for the latest PlayStation 3 scene updates and homebrew releases!
To quote, roughly translated: Following the latest developments, PS3ITA is pleased to present a new version of CFW 4.21 PS3ITA DEX (debug). This update, accompanied by PKG external Ps3ita Loader introduces a modified core with the ability to customize your choice to integrate some flag or not.
In practice, after installing the CFW, each user can choose with ease, such as extra feature, the console should start automatically during the ignition phase.
The changes introduced in 4.21 CFW PS3ITA DEX v2.2 are:
1. Spoof firmware 4.40.
2. IDPS All Change region 4.21 is now integrated in the fw and runs automatically during boot the console, there is no need to start it manually after every boot. To log on to the PSN simply log in as you were on an ordinary OFW.
3. Sys_init_osd.self New, allows the start of our core (ps3itald.self) during boot the console. IMPORTANT: all credits for this go to sys_init_osd Miralatijera we just added a little bit (to make it boot faster) and brought patches to the nost cfw, ps3itald.self instead is a creation of our team. The core ps3itald.self is easily customizable thanks to PKG ps3ita loader.
4. Fixed bug that did not allow the boot cd / dvd original PS2 PS3 backwards compatible.
5. Vsh Patch magazines, ReactPsn now works perfectly.
6. 0x80022D74 0x80022D11 Fix for errors relating to the trophies, in some cases after a downgrade by service mode was returned one of these errors and was forced to leave the game.
How to proceed with the installation of the CFW:
1. Sure you have a console with CFW / OFW DEX (Debug) version 3.55/4.21.
2. Strictly Install the Firmware Downgrader 3.55 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ssvnpk90edt63fa/PS3UPDAT.PUP)
3. PS3ITA Install CFW 4.21 DEX v2.2.
Through the program ps3ita loader you can manage the core ps3itald.self and add / remove functions that will be performed automatically boot the console .. (I think many of you will appreciate the "install_new_idps" allows you to permanently change your console id with one of your choice ...).
How does Ps3ita Loader:
1. Ps3ita Copy the folder in the root of the USB stick.
2. Move the flag you want to install from the / ps3ita / NOT_ACTIVE in / ps3ita. (Flags are simple text files, and inside they explained their function).
3. Insert the USB stick into the port on the right of the PS3.
4. Install the pkg "ps3ita_loader" and run it. If something goes wrong, the LED turns red, otherwise fine. A log file in / dev_usb000/ps3ita cmq will be created to verify if all the steps have taken place correctly.
5. New features are now active.
I thank the entire team and especially PS3ITA Rancid (o) which followed / carried out the entire project.