- As a follow-up to the previous JaicraB
JFW DH PS3 Custom Firmware videos came a video
(below) by pdnked
of a PS3 Slim Retail console running Rebug 3.66 Custom Firmware (which is actually PS3 OFW 3.66 with a few Debug files added) from Dospiedras1973
via Spanish site Elotrolado
A rough translation from Teknoconsolas
states the following:
Dospiedras1973, EOL and user who has already managed to do the downgrade recently consoles INFECTUS using FAT for that necessary, has released a firmware that allows PS3 to version 3.66 with options debug a machine operative. Some clarifications are annotated by the developer:
Download: Rebug 3.66 CFW (Spanish) PUP
/ Rebug 3.66 CFW (Spanish) PUP
(Mirror) / Rebug 3.66 CFW (Spanish) PUP
Dospiedra Modified Firmware details to note:
- Only user-3.55 (no matter if CFW or OFW)
- No turning back, pass over to 3.66 with all that that entails. Only you can downgrade to INFECTUS (dospiedras method).
- No syscalls / payloads ... so that the burden of copies is disabled. For what is agreed is a firmware guy ... GeoHot.
- The 3.55 homebrew installed no longer work.
- There is no package installer (for now).
- Full access to PSN.
- Works on both Fat and Slim (as shown in the video), no tricks hardware and could suggest a user in the comments.
Of course, install under your own responsibility, nor do I Dospiedras not responsible for any errors or omissions performed by the user.
Shortly following, Rebug developer Cyberskunk
stated via ps3crunch.net/forum/threads/206-?p=1380#post1380 the following warning: "DO NOT INSTALL THIS. After ripping this PUP apart it appears the rundown will be VERY VERY SHORT.
This is RETAIL OFW 3.66 with just a 'few' of the files from DEBUG firmware.
ALL OTHER FILES ARE RETAIL INCLUDING COREOS."
In conclusion, those without an Infectus Mod who do not wish to risk their JailBroken PS3 console and lose the ability to run PlayStation 3 back-ups and homebrew should avoid this PS3 CFW at the present time... whether further progress will change this or not only time will tell.